• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Aleph-X builders LOOK!! HIGH-power (real!) dual Schottky diodes for sale

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have quite a lot (about 200) of very nice high-power dual Schottky diodes for sale (they are new of course).
They are type STPS80H100TV from STMicroelectronics and are REAL dual diodes with 4 terminals - not the ones with 3 terminals and a common pin.
So for a bridge rectifier You need only 2 of this!

the most important datas:
Vrrm/ repetitive peak reverse voltage = 100V
IF(RMS) RMS forward current = 125A
ID(AV) average forward current = 40A

here You can find the datasheet:
http://www.datasheetcatalog.com/datasheet/S/STPS80H100TV.shtml

This should be great as bridge rectifiers for all kind of high-power amps with moderate power transformer secondary
voltage (for brigde rectifiers the diodes should be good for about 25V-AC to 30V-AC max. transformer secundary - so practically
for any kind of X-Aleph monster)!
They are easy to mount with 2 screws (maybe on a small heatsink or the amp case) and You can directly connect thick wires via lugs to the screw terminals - so no need for a tiny PCB to mount the rectifiers.

I googled for some retail prices and only found this:

Mouser $17.92/pcs. (min order 100pcs.)
Farnell Euro 36,80/pcs.

my asking price is Euro 2,75 per (dual)-diode (terminal srews are included!)
I ship worldwide for ACTUAL shipping costs (I also take Paypal, with 4% surcharge to cover my fees)

here a picture (together with a TO-220 part for comparison of size):

Attachments

• stps80h100tv.jpg
    stps80h100tv.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 853
Hi Audiofanatic,

I don`t know how they "sound" - I have not yet used them - I`m just gathering parts for my projects myself.

Schottky`s are ultrafast switching devices and produce much less switching noise than ordinary bridge rectifiers - so I anticipate some advantages soundwise.

I believe to recall (but don`t quote me on that) that even Mr. Pass (who is normally not known for using "exotic" parts) mentioned recently that he also uses Schottky`s now because he thinks it`s an improvement.

And NO - You can`t use them - 60V transformer secondary is way to much for a specified 100V rectifier diode!!

I wouldn`t use them with anything higher than 30V transformer secondary rating.
Anyway, for almost any X-Aleph project (high-power types also) this would be sufficient.

postal rates

I get lots of requests about those diodes from (particular) all over the world and therefore many questions about the shipping costs.

As our German postal-services`s website is such a mess that I get even angry when I have to search something there (if You want to take a look by Yourself: http://www.deutschepost.de/dpag?xmlFile=828 )
and it`s not possible here to post a spreadsheet (or at least I don`t know how to do) I have drawn the prices in a table, scanned and attached this here as a gif.-file so people who are interested can figure estimated prices themselve.

I don`t have a scale at home but the datasheet say a diode weight 27gr. , so I guess with the terminal srews, part of the plastic sustainer rod (I cut them into length) and some packing material minimum estimated shipping weight per piece is about 50gr..
At work we have a scale and I`ll be able to do this more exactly on Monday.

Attachments

• postal_rates.gif
    postal_rates.gif
    88.1 KB · Views: 536
Schottky Power Diodes sold out

Hello to everybody,

as I still get requests, I just wanted to say that I have sold all (around 10kg!) already :smash:

This went really quick:eek:

Most of them I have shipped out today (those to whom I shipped already I have sent an email notification - so when You did not get an notification it means that Your payment is not yet arrived).

Thanks for Your business!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.