• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Time for another Schuro-Reichelt group buy?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Euro Transfer

Well, roll on the Euro!!!

My bank will make a 14gbp charge to transfer Euros to an account in Germany. :rolleyes:

I'll give Reichelt a call tomorrow to see what they have in stock. Depending on the UK takers, it may be a goer. Clearly, I'd have to take PayPal, packaging, post and transfer costs into consideration.

The time, of course, is free. ;)

Cheers

Jon

To avoid bothering Christian too much this group buy has to be slightly different from the last one: one of us should take the orders, collect the money and send a single payment to Christian, who will actually buy and send the items to him. After that he has to send everyone his packet:smash:

There's a double passage but it seems we can't avoid it.

I could do this job if you agree, but if someone else wants to make it there is no problem ;)

I have Paypal and Euro transfers cost 3 € to me.

I suggest to decide for the end of this week who will be the one who will collect orders and money and forward them to Christian, and another week or two (or three...) to actually collect the orders.

What do you think?

Cheers

Andrea

Why not to order the mosfets directly from IR? They cheap, well together with the customs and so on could become the same as in Europe, but then we would know that they are from IR and most probably from the very same lot !!
BTW, I'm interested in 2SK389 and BS170K, by now, but am going to check their site to include more things I want since a lot of time.

If you see Till's post ( #15) you only have to ask in order to obtain the brand you need, so this problem can be easily solved since the guy who is going to make the order (Krishu) is German and will surely be able to explain our needs.

Cheers

Andrea

PS I checked the prices of Italian posts for priority mail, that should fit most orders in case I'll have to forward the orders to the other members who made request :

Posta Prioritaria for abroad
Weight Zone 1 Zone 2 Zone 3
Small letters
< 50 gr 1,45 1,50 1,80
50-100 gr 1,70 1,80 2,00
100-250 gr 2,50 4,20 4,60
250-350 gr 3,20 5,20 5,40
Big envelopes
<350 gr 3,80 5,60 7,00
350 gr-1 kg 5,60 8,50 11,50
1kg - 2kg 9,00 16,50 21,50

Most european countries are Zone 1, however you can check here http://www.poste.it/postali/prioritaria/zone.shtml and here http://www.poste.it/postali/prioritaria/tariffe.shtml

Edit: it seems that the forum doesn't take spaces, if you feel the need I can make a spreadsheet.

Andrea,

If you are willing to coordinate the order, then it would save money on the Euro transfer. I will coordinate the UK orders if you like (send the whole order to me for onward distribution - another shipping leg, but sharing the time and effort in post and packing) and have started to get the orders together in this post:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=336904#post336904

Your timescales sound absolutely fine.

Cheers

Jon :)

Jon, your proposal is really nice to me.
After all a single Italy-UK shipping plus the others UK inland will probably cost less than many Italy-UK smaller shipments.

I'd suggest a direct order to Reichelt (since they seem to accept orders from abroad), leaving to Christian the only hassle to order for us from Schuro, which has very competitive prices on the items it stocks.

If many people need Crystal receivers CS8412 it might be convenient to buy them from Elib, a member of the forum who has them in stock at about 12$ (which is fairly cheaper than 16.5 € at Reichelt).

Should I ask him a shipping quote?

Cheers

Andrea

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.