50% off full range speakers - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st January 2016, 09:34 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default 50% off full range speakers

I've finally selected a full range driver that suits my fancy (the 4fe35) and getting rid of the rest. Their only real use was in comparison testing. So I'd like to get 50% and maybe $5 for shipping.

CHN-70 $27.00 ******SOLD*******

Faital Pro 3fe25 8 ohm $19.00 at Parts Express (If you want the Hilding Horn enclosure they are in that's fine, but the price is going to be at least double as I'm sure they are going to cost quite a bit to ship. **********Sold************

Dayton ND91-8ohm $29.00 at Parts Express. Boxes included. (there is a rather hideous, solder booger on one terminal but that is only because I didn't have a hot enough solderer. It will melt off I'm sure. I was in a hurry and just testing. **********Sold****************

MCM 55-2421 8" subs 4ohm (our rugrat flattened the dustcap on one because it was at her level but it sounds fine) $29.00 at MCM
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20160101_123249491.jpg (448.9 KB, 265 views)

Last edited by dave 111; 16th January 2016 at 03:56 PM.
Old 2nd January 2016, 12:01 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Dave,
If your vacuum cleaner has a variable vent that allows you to reduce the amount of 'suck' on the end, you can carefully 'pull' that dinted cap out - alternatively, you can carefully hook one of those thin 'tooth probes' thru the dented cap material itself and quietly pull the cap foreward concentrating one part of the dent at a time - this is how the 'pro's' do it - the remaining small hole won't effect the performance at all but if unsure, a small drop of superglue will seal the hole
Old 2nd January 2016, 10:24 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

thanks, maybe give it a try
Old 3rd January 2016, 03:11 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Before the 'suck' with the vacuum cleaner, I find that a small dab of water on the dustcap (if cardboard) makes it easier.

Workd great, your dustcap will look like a new one.

BR,
Eric

Hide this!Advertise here!