• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: EL84 Single Ended Amp - RH84 Design

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
SOLD: EL84 Single Ended Amp - RH84 Design

Small chassis (6"x10" top plate) RH84 build. Walnut base with 1/8" thick aluminum top plate. Utilizes a Hammond choke and 5w Transcendar OPTs. All point-to-point wiring and no hum. Output is about 5w/ch, although it sounds much more robust than that on my Omega A8's. Included is a pair of Chinese EL84s and a new pair of matched Sovtek EL84Ms, which improve the bass (IMO).

The amp sounds great, as an EL84 SE design (and the RH84 in particular) is known to. And it's small footprint allows it do be used in a desktop or on a rack where it won't take up much space. No issues with this one. The only reason I am letting it go is to fund a new Red Wine Audio Signature 30.2, which pairs beautifully with Omega's.

$OLD + $20 shipping in the CONUS. Add 3% for PayPal. I'll pack it to survive nuclear blasts and UPS corner drops.

Last edited:
This truly is a nicely built amp, and it sounds terrific. But, as luck would have it, I came across a deal on a Red Wine Audio Signature 16 LFP-V right after I got this from Tim, and that now leaves me with 4 amps. So either this one or my 6s45P-e amp have to go.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.