• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: 6s45P-e Parallel Single End Hand Built Amp - $750 or trade

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
SOLD: 6s45P-e Parallel Single End Hand Built Amp - $600.00 or trade

Will consider offers for a decent 2nd turntable.

Up for sale is my hand-built, point-to-point wired, 2w parallel single-end 6s45P-e amplifier. This amp was built by my audiophile friend and master craftsman in Michigan, who did all of the metal fabrication, woodwork and wiring. The amp utilizes a 5ar4 (slow ramp up) rectifier tube. It also uses a two-choke power supply with all metallized poly caps, and an oil-filled Obbligato cap for the first filter (for good dampening). The amp incorporates all Japanese Shinkoh 1% tantalum signal resistors, all Elna Silmicll silk-fiber cathode caps and premium 1% 5w Mills wire-wound cathode resistors. The OPT's are over-sized premium 20 watt by Transcendar. The amp utilizes cathode-biasing so no re-biasing is needed after replacing tubes. Also included in the design is a built-in AC line-filter to tame any possible EMI or RFI. Finally, the chassis utilizes 1/8" aluminum top and bottom plates and a figured sycamore plinth. Oh yeah, and all the binding posts and RCA's are by Cardas. For fun, each channel incorporates a magic-eye tube, with level adjustment, to add a little visual bling to the sonic bliss!

The amp is very "crystalline" sounding. I used it with my 95dB Mark Audio 12p-based Super Pensils with great success. It easily filled my 12'x17' listening room with all the volume I needed! That said, if you're looking to drive your 88dB Polks to ear splitting levels, it's probably not the amp for you! But if you're after crystal clear, involving sound through your full-range or high efficiency speakers (Klipschorns or LaScalas, anyone?), this could be just the ticket!

I will include all power, rectifier and magic eye tubes, plus some spares I have that are intended for this amp. I can also include a decent, generic power cord if needed. The amp weighs about 50 pounds, so I'd rather a local pick-up or delivery if possible (I'm in SE WI). That said, I can ship if necessary, and will charge actual shipping costs. Please add 3% to cover PP fees.

Note: I can't attach more than one picture from my iPad for some reason, so please PM me and I'll send you a folder of external and internal photos.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    682.4 KB · Views: 485
Last edited:
I had a simple 6S45P-E spud amp and it was sounding loud enough for a 20 sqm room, so this is a nicer amp for a similar listening room.

I too was in love with its crystalline sound, this tube is amazing plus the amp has no capacitor in the signal path!!!!

Thanks for the support of my impressions of the amp with the 6s45P-e tube. It is indeed a nice sounding tube. Unfortunately I still feel the need for a little more power in my system and room. I'm absolutely sure the amp will be more than adequate in a different system, as it was fine with my Super Pensils.

Tom

It is a nice looking amp for sure and the 6C45 can sound quite nice. I have used it in a spud amp and as a driver for 6C33C. Have also had good experiences with Transcendar iron in my amps.

Perhaps if you like the sound of this amp, you could use it as a preamp to drive a power buffer like the FirstWatt F4 (available as DIY). That way you'd have considerably more power and control with the overall sound characteristic of the 6C45. Just a thought that I have been tossing around myself lately. :)

Bumping again. And widening out my trade bait offer. I could use a good DAC, preferably one that I can use with my iDevices (Arcam rdac, etc.). Or a DAC and dock combo. Of equal value, of course. Still up for another table too! The amp is sitting idle, and it is lonely :(

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.