• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Amp Camp #1 PCB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ACA#1 - PCB with integrated regulated linearPSU

Gentlemen, when I saw the ACA V1.6 Kit in the forum's shop, I was really shocked :eek:!
A ClassA amplifier being operated from a SMPS?
This is something that is a bad match in my heart :confused: (allthough I do not have any technical objectives against the proposed SMPS).

I therefore started immediately with the design of an ACA with a regulated linear PSU and would like to offer the result to you (as an alternative - not a rival of the shop's offer).

Picture 1 shows my LT1084 - ACA playing beautifully :)D) on a DM601 speaker.

Picture 2 shows its PSU on the right half of the PCB.
I am using a toroid: 2x19VAC / 160VA and have put the full-bridge rectifier outside the PCB on the heatsink (just to avoid its ringing to afflict the ACA).

The PSU can either use a LM338 or a LT1084 or a LM1084 or … PSU.
The pinouts of all of these regulators are the same.
I have used a LT1084 variable regulator and have adjusted it to 24 VDC output voltage. (picture 3).
The schematic of "my regulated ACA" is exactly like the schematic of the ACA that Mr. Nelson Pass published recently.

The sound of my "ACA - layout": not a single hum, very fast and very passionate in the high and mid tones.
It can play very deep as well, but do not expect any wonder!
The ACA has some weakness, when it has to operate a "low impedance (<6 Ohms)" speaker :sly:.

Since I will not use the shown ACA myself: I will offer it to you.

I will give you the assembled PCB (without heatsink and transformer) and a "naked PCB" with nearly all parts needed for 111€ (shipping is included).
If somebody likes: I will solder the 2nd channel as well and will offer you both channels incl. transformer and heatsink (as shown on Picture 1) for 140€.

If you like to have registered shipping: tell me!

Best regards - Rudi_Ratlos

Attachments

• SNV34509.JPG
    SNV34509.JPG
    547.6 KB · Views: 175
  • PCB_Topview.JPG
    PCB_Topview.JPG
    188.1 KB · Views: 171
  • Adjust.JPG
    Adjust.JPG
    553.2 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.