• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

2nd Annual Cardas Bulk Purchase

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Well, it's past that time of year. CES has come and gone. Many of us are stuck in the house with our projects. I can hear you now.
"I would love to buy some of those Cardas binding posts, but who could afford it?"
Nows your chance. I will start a WIKI in the next day or so (maybe tonight) to get an idea of what the interest is in a bulk purchase from Cardas and DIYCable. The saving to you, the members of the forum will be significant. Those that were involved last year know what I mean.

This thread is to inform you of the opportunity and to determine the Cardas products that are of interest. The response here will determine if this purchase happens or not.

What do you think?

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
KevinLee said:
I would also be interested in 3 or 4 pairs depending on what models will be available.

KevinLee

Kevin, if you are going to buy them, I'd be willing to order and pay for both of us, then we can split the shipping. Will save us a little bit (not much, but anything is good heh). Especially considering you live 2 minutes away from me if i remember right
That is of course if you want, not a big deal if you don't.
Same goes for anyone else living in winnipeg as well.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Ok to all those that are interested in this bulk purchase. Think of this thread as a "Wish-List". If you had a chance to get a very good price on somethingfrom Cardas, what would you want?

I can't guarantee I will be able to get everything, but I will be able to get anything that has enough interest. Although there are no set minimum quantities, we have to be pratical and Cardas would rather not bother with one or two parts.

That said, I need to know that at least a few people have an interest in an item before I will include it in this bulk purchase. So, take a look at the Cardas site here. The idea of this thread is to see what people are interested in. So far it's only binding posts.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
tiroth said:
I know I want some CCBP S. I'd probably also be interested in some spades...what do people like in the spade department? Lots of choices. I think we'd need to standardize on a few options or else it would be lots of small lots.
That's what I'm talking about.

I like the GRS-R or the GRS-C. The reason is that they will be cheaper. They will also be more flexible and the materials are just as good as the others.

To get an Idea of the pricing, go to Michael Percys or The Parts Connexion and see what their prices are. We will receive better pricing by a significant amount.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.