wtb used drivers - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th February 2004, 07:35 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Question wtb used drivers

I'm looking for some used drivers to experiment and test with. I'm guessing anyone with this stuff is happy with it and not about to part with it, but heck -- i figure it's worth a shot.

For midrange -
PHL 1120 or 2520, Focal Audiom 7k, or Audax PR170M0 or similar

For tweeters -
Scanspeak 9500 or 9700, or Morel MDT30 or 33

If you have any of these or something similar email me with offers. batdorf9@yahoo.com

Thanks!
Old 12th February 2004, 06:38 AM   #2
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

I've got some PR17s (not sure which suffix -- they are the good ones with the paper cone).... i might be persuaded to part with them

dave
Old 15th February 2004, 08:39 PM   #3
BDP is offline BDP  United States
diyAudio Member

Check this thread. I bought a pair of PR170m0 from Matt and he was great to deal with. I dont know if he has any left. I wish he had more drivers to offer in the PR range. Great buy.[URL=http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21807]
Old 16th February 2004, 04:58 PM   #4
Matt D is offline Matt D  United States
diyAudio Member

I don't have any more of the PR170M0, but have a few things you might be interested in.

I have a pair of PR170Z0, which are the aerogel cone version.

I have 5 pcs. of an OEM version of the PR170M0 that we did for a well known Pro manufacturer. These units have the same basket, cone suspension and magnet as the PR170M0 but with a round wire coil and zinc plated steel in the motor instead of black. Acoustically these are very similar to the PR170M0. They were testing reference units so are all very closely matched to one another.

I have 4 pcs of another OEM version of the PR170M0 that we made for a different manufacturer that uses a stamped steel basket instead of the cast basket. I'll have to double check, but I believe these may have coated paper cones.

If you (or anyone) is interested in these, you can e-mail me directly at mwdaigler@adelphia.net

Bryan, thanks for the compliments! Glad you were happy with the drivers.
Old 16th February 2004, 09:23 PM   #5
BDP is offline BDP  United States
diyAudio Member

Matt,

You have had a bit of exposure to the Audax line. Do you have any preferences or recommendations on a woofer to use with the PR170m0? It doesn't have to be Audax. I want to keep the midrange intact and don't have to go to the 20's to be satisfied. 30's would be good though.

BDP
Old 31st March 2004, 07:29 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Bump...

Matt and Dave, do either of you have the paper PR170M0 or equivalent still available?
Old 31st March 2004, 08:01 PM   #7
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Saurav
Matt and Dave, do either of you have the paper PR170M0 or equivalent still available?
Not i...

dave
Old 31st March 2004, 09:03 PM   #8
Matt D is offline Matt D  United States
diyAudio Member

Sorry, I've sold all my PR170s.

Matt
Old 31st March 2004, 09:17 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Thanks.

Hide this!Advertise here!