• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Ultra Fast Diode Bridge.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok, here is a new updatd version of the board, with back to back diodes for Rod, and improved contact areas around the diode legs and terminal points. If people have any further requests or sugestions let me know and I might even change this again.

Andrew.

Edit: Rod, does it matter to you that there are components between the diodes at all? as it may be possible to move these if the space needed to be clear between them.

Attachments

• rectifier-rev4-2.gif
    rectifier-rev4-2.gif
    24.6 KB · Views: 789
Right, the components for this (well, the ones I chose, you could use most suitable parts that you have to hand, including leaving out the resistors, or the caps and the resistors):

Diodes: BYW99W-200 (RS, 446-9908)
Heatsinks: SK104 (Maplin, RN82)
Capacitors: RIFA PHE 426 0.1uF, 250V (RS, 414-7620)
Resistors: 100Ohm, 1/4W (0.6W) Metal Film (RS, 148-269)
Terminal Lugs: 1/4 inch terminal lug (RS, 534-834)

There are some things it would definately make sense to get as a group, like the terminal lugs, as RS has a minimum order of 100 fro them in any case. However, the didodes don't get much of a bulk discount from RS so unless people can't get them themselfs, this might not be so important to get together, and it allows people to use other diodes as well.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
bigparsnip said:
Edit: Rod, does it matter to you that there are components between the diodes at all? as it may be possible to move these if the space needed to be clear between them.
No. The diodes being close to the edge of the board will allow me to bend the lead so the diode is off the surface of the board, or I can mount them upright and mount them to 2 separate heatsinks. This design is much more flexible. I will probably mount the diodes on the opposite side from the cap and resistor which will keep the heat away from them. That would make plate through holes a plus.:D

Well, if that's 8 for you, 8 for rod, 8 for me, and few others for some more people this look like it should be going ahead then.

I think I said before what the cost of the bare boards would be around £4.00 per board, and for a couple of pence extra I could probably chuck in the terminal lugs as these will be a bit harder to source in small quantites than the rest of the parts.

So, if anyone else is interested, I will probably wait about a week before thinking about sending this off to the board house so we can see if I will need to get more than the 48 boards that I was initialy thinking about for order.

Andrew.

So, if anyone else is interested, I will probably wait about a week before thinking about sending this off to the board house so we can see if I will need to get more than the 48 boards that I was initialy thinking about for order.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
8 for me too pl

Fred

At the momnet it appears as though most people are just interested in the bare PCB's (although, as I mentioned more recently I will hopefully be able to include the required terminal lugs, which may prove a little harder to source for most people, for a few extra pance with each board). However, if there is enough intrest I'm sure it would be possible to put together the parts (or send out finished boards) for those who were interested.

However, at the moment I couldn't tell you how much a parts kit would cost (it will depend quite a lot on how many were ordered), but if I get a bit of free time tomorrow I might try and be organised and put together a list based on any intrest that is shown.

Andrew.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
BP,

Since your going to wait a little bit, I have one other critique. If you could add another set of hole for the cap just outboard of the current ones. The resistor is fine. The leads are always long enough, but the box caps can be a PIA if the lead spacing is different. 1mm in both directions will give us 3 different possibilities.

The other item is non-technical. Have you thought about how you're going to take orders and how you will accept payment? I use PayPal with my Cardas Bulk Purchase and it works great. I will ultimately insist on emails for an official order with quanties, shipping information, and payment method.

Hi, I'm sure I can sort out the Capacitor thing, I should have a bit of free time tomorrow night if I don't end up down the Pub so I'll try and get it sorted then (Hopefuly, I should be able to set it to 0.2, 0.3 and 0.4 inch pitches?).

With regards to payment, I think that in general I would be most happy with Paypal for this, but for people who can (mainly in europe from what I saw in the Aleph-X group order) I would be quite happy to accept a bank transfer in GBP, a cheque or at a push cash (but I would rather avoid this as it has the potential to cause trouble)

P.S. How difficult is it to set up a WIKI page? Can I just chose to add a new page and paste in the HTML code? as this may be an option if things start to get more serious.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.