• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Ultra Fast Diode Bridge.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Here are the parts as I had just started to assemble last night.

Attachments

• bridges_before_01.jpg
    bridges_before_01.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 336
I just thought I would go and see if I could clean the flux off the board I did when they originaly turned up, I tried scrubbing it under hot water with an old toothbrush. Unfortunatley, this had absolutly no effect on removing the flux at all (I guess I will need to pick up some IPA), but on a positive note, it didn't remove the solder mask either. (oh, and try to ignore the poor joints, it was the first time I'd tried using non-leaded solder and I didn't like it)

Attachments

• solder job one.jpg
    solder job one.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 303
fcel said:
I thought I did ordered some of those diodes, cap and heatsinks. Was it shipped yet? Just checking. No rush.

The diodes and stuff in that pic aren't the ones from the group order as they haven't all turned up yet, but hopefuly, they should arive at the end of next week or the start of tfollowing, so I will try and get them all sent out soon after (I have the diodes and packing stuff now, just waiting on the heatsinks from germany, and the caps which should only take a day once I place the order).

Jam,

A little off topic but I've always wanted to post this question to you as described below.

With so much talk about copyright infringement in this forum lately ..... you do know that someone is going to save all the cartoons that you have posted on this forum and bundle it together and sell it as a book and claim that it's all his/her original work. Just wondering ... do you mind .... do you care?

Fcel,

It really would not bother me because the big C does not belong to me and I have not posted the orignal authors entire collection verbatim......... besides someone has to keep Fred and the moderators in check!

Regards,
Jam

Attachments

• arg-nosewipe-rev.gif
    arg-nosewipe-rev.gif
    21.4 KB · Views: 320
Hi, I have had a small number of requests for any spare PCB's in the last week or so and unfortunately I have none left now to sell.

However, if you are looking for something to take the place of these boards then have a look at the two below which Peranders has for sale on his site, one for TO-220 type diodes, and another for the TO-247 dual diodes. Either one of these (depending on your requirements) should be able to stand in for the boards mentioned through this thread if people do want them now I have none left.

RFB-01 (TO-220)

RFB-02 (TO-247/TO3-P)

Andrew.

roddyama said:
Peranders,

When did you come up with the new bridge board?
It was just before bigparsnip. You could say he "stole" the idea via telepati (spelling?) but this was a case parallel thinking but when he had his spin with the group deal it was rather pointless to go any further. When I made more soft start pcb's I let this rectifier pcb slip through. I have a couple of pcb's.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.