• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Lifeforce 55, x-formers and speaker protection for 350€

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
350 € or 400 $ shipped worldwide

Lifeforce 55 300$
Transformers 2 pcs. 230V 160 VA 32-0-32 100$

I'm selling my faithful and never-dissapointing amplifier with a heavy heart. I have to downsize my system in order to keep it using now when my girlfriend moved in to my small and cramped apartment that used to be my listening room.

I'm selling the amplifier kit, two 230V power transformers and a Velleman speaker protection kit for 450€ or equivalent. The shipping is free as is pay pal fee if you buy the lot.

I have the amplifier assebled in a chassis right now, which I'd give away free.

Feel free to contact me if you need the kit witouth the power transformers.

I purchased the kit in 2008 directly from Hugh Dean of Aspen amplifiers. It consists of two PCBs, one for each channel, a heatsink on which they are mounted and a power supply PCB with diodes and filtering capacitors. The amplifier was not used much, I'm afraid, I didn't have that much spare time after all. I estimate 800 h of working time.

The two power transformers are 230V primary, 160VA custom made audio-grade units wound in a local specialized workshop and produce no hum even at with the amplifier just below clipping in to a power resistor, once a DC blocker is installed in the. Pleasenote that to this day I had not owned a HiFi component whose transformer doesn't hum in my apartment, my power is that bad. I use DC blockers recomended by Rod Elliot regularly.

The amplifier sounds fantastic, has an owerall balanced sound and fares well with different types of speakers.

Regards,
Marko Himelreich,
Croatia

View attachment 500919
View attachment 500920
View attachment 500921
View attachment 500922

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.