• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTB Belden Cable 8760/82760

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I would like to buy a few meters/feet of this shielded cable.
It goes under the Belden catalog #8760 or 82760 (I could also live with the 8761/82761), and it's almost impossible to find in Italy.
The only place that carries it sells it in 150 m. spools (500 ft), enough to last twice my expected lifetime!
If anybody has some length to sell, I could pay for it via PayPal and it could be shipped via mail.
Thanks for your help.

Audiofanatic, you can find all the specs and a drawing for this "Paired- Audio, Control and Instrumentation Cable" (balanced) on the Belden site (www.belden.com).
I need it for internal cabling between different sections/boards of my DIY projects.
It's not suited nor do I need it for making HiFi interconnecting cables.
The nice things about it are that it's 100% shielded (continuous ribbon) and it has a balanced design with a nice stranding.
If you have something that firts this description and the intended use, please let me know.

I don't seem to be able to paste the drawing. Here are the specs.

Paired- Audio, Control and Instrumentation Cable Number of Pairs: 1 Total Number of Conductors: 2 AWG: 18 Stranding: 16x30 Conductor Material: TC - Tinned Copper Insulation Material: PE - Polyethylene Outer Shield Material Trade Name: Beldfoil® Outer Shield Material: Aluminum Foil-Polyester Tape w/Shorting Fold Outer Jacket Material: PVC - Polyvinyl Chloride Plenum (Y/N): N Plenum Number: 88760,87760 or 82760 Applications: Audio, Control and Instrumentation Cable, Industrial Data, Interconnect, Analog Audio Cables, Single Pair

Cable

Hi,

If I where you, I'd forget about tinned copper and go for silver plated copper, all my interconects are made with this cable and I had Siltech G3, MIT, Audioqwest, KimberKable, etc. etc.

This cable is the best!

Let me know if you want to try this cable, send me a private mail.

Best regards,

Audiofanatic ;)

Attachments

• silver cable.jpg
    silver cable.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 118
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.