• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

HUGE blowout sale: Tweeters, Mids, Subwoofers, ICEpower modules, etc..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
P. S. Regarding the "starving student act", this is incorrect. My friends know I am an experienced negotiator, and a few days ago challenged me to use a pity "poor student" pitch in an negotiation, something I've never done. I posed myself as a penny pinching student (which is true) without much disposable income (student struggles), not starving like Jon said. Probably not the most appropriate negotiating tactic, but it was a one off thing that Jon just happened to be a part of.

And you say he has questionable ethics?
Do you handle "Slip and fall cases " also?

How about you chill? He really doesn't have to fulfill the unreasonable demands you may put on him. He just happens to be one of a few people I will not deal with for various reasons, but at least he didn't misrepresent himself as a starving student.

Jon, glws I wish you the best.

So would you like to explain to me which part is unreasonable?

Was it expecting politeness?

Or asking Jon to consider a counteroffer? (Which I didn't mention in my previous post, but I made offers between 10-20% less than what he asked for. Do you think making an offer 10-20% less is unreasonable? Never did I ask him to honor the price error, even though I am fully entitled to that by law. Or was I so unreasonable that I didn't even uphold my rights and understood that he made a mistake?

Go read my post. If you think it's still unreasonable. Feel free to call me out and cite which part is unreasonable.

And you say he has questionable ethics?
Do you handle "Slip and fall cases " also?

I'm not lying about it. It is true. I don't get handouts from my parents (which I'm grateful for). For example, I just lived in a living room for 4 months for my last internship to save money, partially to save money for this DIY project.

And yes, we bend over backwards to take care of our customers if its our fault. We know first hand how important word of mouth is. Plus, it's just the right thing to do, and it is a very small cost of doing business that can negate huge negative effects and also potentially bring very positive effects. People want to be treated well. I may not expect what we do from everyone else, but I always expect a polite interaction.

Last edited:
Ok guys, please refer to post #64:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/swap...ofers-icepower-modules-etc-7.html#post4787608

***UPDATE***
Limited quantities of new unused Icepower modules available:

50ASX2 = 77$ USD ea.

125ASX2 = 138$ USD ea.

300AC = 62$ USD ea.

700ASC2 = 315$ USD ea.

I'm sorry, no special volume pricing this time as i have a limited supply of these

Anybody is in his right to negotiate and make an offer. So am i to refuse said offer. Especially after 3 offers even though i clearly state ''no special volume pricing'' and even though 4 modules would't qualify for volume pricing anyway.

So what's left?
What's left is an unfortunate calculation error on my part: I price quote for 2 modules instead of 4, then buyer started to ''negotiate''... I offered a quick full refund, and you know the rest of the story.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.