• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Aspen Preamplifier For Sale

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My Aspen Gk-2 Preamplifier is excess to my needs and I am putting it up for sale.
This is the prototype version of what would have become the GK-2 had it gone into production.
This preamp was developed in the summer months of 2011 in coordination between Hugh and myself. The proto was finalized in September 2011 and has been in my USA audio system since then with flawless performance.
This unit features 10 decibels of gain in a unique gain stage circuit followed by an updated tube buffer stage first developed in the GK-1 preamplifier. This unit also has 2 outputs so that easy connection can be made to a powered subwoofer, if desired. Everything on this unit was designed and assembled by me, pcb and all.
Parts include mostly all PRP thru hole resistors, Mundorf silver/oil input capacitor, Soniccap Gen. 1 output capacitor, Cardas rca connectors, JenaLabs signal wiring, and Sylvania 6ES8 tubes.
I developed the board to be installed internally inside a 2U sized case. The unit I have is installed in a Par Metal aluminum 16x12x4 chassis.
Please note that because of the way I designed the board this is not a drop in replacement for the exposed tube design of the GK-1 board. However you can replace the GK-1 board with mine and change the internal configuration a bit.

What is up for sale is the GK-2 board and the transformers. While the transformers used are the same as the ones with the GK-1, these have been reconfigured to be used with the GK-2 and I consider them as part of the unit.
I would actually like to sell the whole preamp unit that I have, with the exception of the attenuators which I am keeping.

I am posting some pics of the unit so you can have a little look.

If you are interested, please send a PM and we can discuss things.
Since I no longer need this unit I just want to send it to a new good home.

Attachments

• Aspen_Preamp.jpg
    Aspen_Preamp.jpg
    981.5 KB · Views: 396
  • Right channel.jpg
    Right channel.jpg
    976.5 KB · Views: 363
  • Power transformer.jpg
    Power transformer.jpg
    814.9 KB · Views: 334
  • Mundorf input caps.jpg
    Mundorf input caps.jpg
    928.9 KB · Views: 319
  • Soniccap output cap.jpg
    Soniccap output cap.jpg
    736.1 KB · Views: 307
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.