• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WANTED: LCD projector parts!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
HELP! I'm trying to repair a projector, and I am looking for an LCD driver chip. The driver is used in a Mitsubishi X120 projector (also Telex P1000, Dukane Imagepro 8700, Polaroid Polaview 335, and JVC DXL1000).

If any of your projectors have the chip and carrier module I need, I'll gladly buy them.

Essentially, the assembly is a chip marked:
EPSON 1997
EV9608AD
F99090159

The chip is surface mounted in a blue interconnect module marked: 7308D

This module is also mounted into the board.

if you have this part in any of your projectors, or if you have a broken projector of any of the models above, or a board from those projectors, please let me know!

Many thanks,

T. Ching

Hi, it would appear we have the same problem. I have a mitsubishi X100, and the same chip is damaged (7308D Epson IC). I am also trying to source it, if I am unsuccessful, are you still interested in buying the board, (it has another two if the same chips on it)?

Regards

Sparkie

PS I'm in the UK

Hi guys, I've managed to get a service manual for my X100, it would appear that these chips are ASICs used to drive the RGB components of the video for the separate LCDs. They are no longer available as spares, so I guess its a question of who wants to buy and who wants to sell. Let me know if your interested either way. Since they are driver chips I would imagine that you would have some sort of problem which one of the colours. In my case I have no red.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.