• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Faitail 3FE25 (4-Ohm) in PVC enclosures

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This was my first exposure to full-range sound. It is a pair of Faital 3FE25 4-Ohm speakers (ferrite magnets, not the neo) in a PVC enclosure with a BB baffle. They're weird in that they require some sort of stand (I was using clamp-on camera mounts).

The baffle is glued-on, but the rear cap is pressed-on. The drivers are screwed into the baffle. So if you want to play around with these, doing so is very doable.

There are no filter components between the banana jacks (they're not binding posts, just banana jacks) and the drivers.

I did initially get some buzz from one of the drivers (could only hear it on solo Piano), it turned out to be the tinsel lead vibrating in the through-hole. I pushed it over and it was fine. On a subsequent pair of these drivers, I found that the manufacturer had started putting a dab of silicone in this spot. I didn't do so, figuring I would if it became a problem again, but it didn't. Just full disclosure.

I'm asking $89 shipped to the lower-48. A great way to give full-range a shot.

Attachments

• faital_3fe_pvc.jpg
    faital_3fe_pvc.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_2083.JPG
    IMG_2083.JPG
    110.1 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_2084.JPG
    IMG_2084.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 115
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.