• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Hafler 9500 Silver Excellent Condition $750 OBO

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Excellent condition has been my reference for many years. I have compared this with many amps over the years (Krell 400xi, Odyssey Stratos, Conrad Johnson 2300A, Coda 10, Adcom 555 II, 545 II, Aragon 4004 II, all of which I have owned) and have always preferred the sound of this high-bias amp. It images very well and possesses a smooth sound (MOSFET output devices.) With 250W/ch into 8 ohms (375 W/ch into 4 ohms) it will drive almost anything. It fed my Infinity Kappa 8 for many years and those had the reputation of being amp killers (due to their low impedance.)
Cosmetically the amp is in very good (excellent actually) condition with no significant scratches. I replaced all the capacitors some years ago, with the exception of the four main power supply caps (because they still measured within manufacturer original specification.) I have just measured those again on an LCR meter and they are still all within original specification for both capacitance and ESR (equivalent series resistance.) The bridge rectifiers have also been replaced and I have just checked the bias and confirmed it's still at factory spec (400mA.) You will also note from the pictures that I have upgraded the speaker posts to the excellent-sounding copper Edison-Price music posts, and also the RCA input connectors. I will also include several unused extra power switches.
I have the original box and manual (an excellent manual which includes the full schematic and complete parts list!). This was a Stereophile Class B amp back in the day. Not likely another one of these in this condition exists!
I accept personal check (I will not ship the amp until it clears), money order, cashier's check, or Paypal (please add 3%). Buyer pays actual shipping.

Attachments

• IMG_5581 copy.jpg
    IMG_5581 copy.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_5582 copy.jpg
    IMG_5582 copy.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_5583 copy.jpg
    IMG_5583 copy.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_5584 copy.jpg
    IMG_5584 copy.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 217
Hi

Belated reply to the post, sorry. I see on another forum you have sold this already. I hope the new buyer appreciates it.

I recently came into possession of one of these amps myself and hope you don't mind if I ask you a few questions about yours.

Did you just replace the capacitors with original spec ones, or upgrade? Apart from the input/output connectors, did you upgrade anything else? Where did you get the replacement switches from?

Thanks for your help

Craig

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.