WTB: Pass B1 boards / jefts - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th February 2015, 04:22 AM   #1
tiller is offline tiller  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default WTB: Pass B1 boards / jefts

Hi all,

Shipping from passdiy to Canada seems insanely expensive for a PCB -- so I thought I would check out the marketplace here. I would consider buying assembled boards as well. However, I don't need a case or hardware -- just the boards and components (or the boards alone too).

Thanks in advance!

AT

EDIT: Decided to get some Salas boards from Tea-Bag and no longer need the Pass B1 boards. Thanks for looking!!

Last edited by tiller; 17th February 2015 at 06:13 PM.
Old 15th February 2015, 04:39 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

PassDIY is probably not out of line on their international shipping prices. A couple of weeks ago I did some work on a preamp for a Canadian. He shipped the the pre down to me via Canadian post priority shipping with tracking and $200 insurance for $41 CAD. I shipped it back to him one week later via the USPS and I had two options, regular international post with no tracking and very limited insurance for $77 CAD or international priority with tracking for $148 CAD.

Even if you find someone willing to sell you the board in the US it will still cost you some big $$$ to ship it, our postal service is a disaster.
Old 15th February 2015, 04:49 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

How were you going to ship it ? It shouldn't be much if you went with USPS.
Old 15th February 2015, 04:57 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Well I might be wrong about that.
Old 15th February 2015, 06:09 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

I have sent and received plenty of stuff across the border. Just recently I took receipt of a medium sized box of tubes from Jim McShane in IL. Shipping was about $27. PassDIY are asking for $35 shipping for a PCB and 4 jfets -- basically a padded envelope's worth of stuff. Don't get me wrong I'm not here to bitch about PassDIY; it's their prerogative to charge whatever they like. I've emailed Sherilyn to see what she has to say about it. Either way I don't feel like paying that much shipping. So, I figured I'd post here to see if anyone has the boards for sale.

Again, I'm not upset or anything -- just looking for an alternative way to get the B1 boards!
Old 15th February 2015, 07:52 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Good luck with it. I ordered recently some aleph pcb from BrianGT (chipamp.com). They had only a pricey international shipping option but i suggested they could send it just as a letter. They kindly amended their web page to allow for this. The shiiping was still more than the pcb but not that much as originally.
Old 16th February 2015, 02:28 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

As you probably know, Pass diy sell the B1 board with matched jfets for $40.
I don't know about shipping to Canada. https://www.passdiy.com/store
Old 16th February 2015, 02:56 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the tip, marsupial. As I mentioned in the original post, their automatic checkout system also charges an exorbitant amount for shipping to Canada and that is what prompted my WTB post. Thanks all the same for the info!
Old 16th February 2015, 03:04 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

Shipping is $35 for 1 or 2 complete kits of B1 board with 4 matched jfets. Find a friend near by and split the shipping cost.

Eric
Old 16th February 2015, 03:06 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

Splitting the cost for two is not a bad idea, actually. Want to buy a b1 board and jfets?

Last edited by tiller; 16th February 2015 at 03:10 AM.

Hide this!Advertise here!