• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Kef 5" Concentric drivers from the R300+ Series Speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Info:
Time to let go of my extra stash of Kefs...

I have 5 total. 4 used. 1 unused. Someone could make a killer home audio setup with these mated to a nice midwoofer. Or build a full 5.x setup with these.

These are truly some of, if not the best Concentric mids made. Kef's engineering on these is superb. They are intended to be used as a midrange/tweeter and most of the models using these drivers employ a 500hz crossover to keep cone motion minimal.

I have tested these drivers myself and you can find my test data here:
Kef: http://medleysmusings.com/kef-r300-midrange-drive-unit-testing/

Basic measurements are as follows:
~130mm OD
~110mm mounting diameter
~90mm mounting depth

Condition:

These were high passed at 500hz on the midrange and about 2.8khz on the tweeters.

Asking Price:

(4) Used - $220/each shipped, CONUS.
(1) BNIB - $255shipped, CONUS.
(3) trim rings - $15/each shipped, CONUS.

I can work a package deal if you're interested. For example:
For 3: $570 shipped
For 5 + trim rings = $1k shipped.

Email: hardisj(at)gmail(dot)com and PM are fine.

Photos:

A couple shots of a used pair I have with and without the trim rings.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.