• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: VIFA M26WO-09-08 10" Woofers from Martin Logan SL-3

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
These woofers are the same ones used in the Martin Logan LS3, except that they are an 8-ohm version. They have a very stiff composite paper cone that produces very accurate bass down to an fs of about 25hz, and can be used all the way up to 1khz, or 2khz if you don't care about dispersion.

For further reference, they are nearly exactly the same as the M26WR-09-08, the difference is they are to be used with sealed enclosures instead of ported enclosures. The moving assembly and the frame are identical, but the magnet assembly has a bump in the backplate as well as a metal plug with a smaller diameter hole in the vent than the WR-version. This increases the amount of metal in the magnetic circuit, thereby lowering the Q of the driver, making it better suited to a sealed system. The M26WR-09-08 datasheet can be used to approximate frequency response as well as many other specs (besides Q).

If they don't go for what I'm asking, I'll be using them to augment my setup with stereo bass, using sealed enclosures and a Linkwitz Transform circuit to allow them to reach down below their fs with flat response. It will require a large amount of power and will limit their ultimate SPL, but I'd much rather have full response.

They are in great working condition and sound excellent. There is some white buildup on the rear frame of the drivers due to long storage. I've tried to clean it off, and it goes away when wet, but comes back in a day when all the moisture is gone. Cones and moving assemblies/magnets are perfect.

I will post pictures when I get home, but for now just google M26WR and you'll see exactly what they look like as well as the datasheet.

$75 each plus shipping, Paypal please.

Last edited:
pictures

Here are some pictures I just took. I love the look of the cones on these woofers! Very premium looking, much like a Scanspeak driver. You can kind of see the white discoloration on the frames here.

Attachments

• DSC_0001.jpg
    DSC_0001.jpg
    283.5 KB · Views: 249
  • DSC_0005.jpg
    DSC_0005.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 266
  • DSC_0007.jpg
    DSC_0007.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 286
  • DSC_0008.jpg
    DSC_0008.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 233
  • DSC_0013.jpg
    DSC_0013.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 229
M26WR

This picture is so you can reference the difference in the motor structure's vent between my WOs and the more prevelant WRs. The WR's is clearly more drilled out for higher Q and use in ported enclosures.

You can also see how similar everything else is.

Attachments

• 104446-pair_of_vifa_m26wr0908_10_drivers.jpg
    104446-pair_of_vifa_m26wr0908_10_drivers.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 109
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.