• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Clair Bros Phase Linear 700B Series 11

I have for sale the above amplifier in mint conditon given its age.

This model was designed for Clair Bros & features a pressed steel chassis and was used by Jands Production Services.

The amplifier has been fully maintained throughout its service life.
The Phase Linear 700B Series 11 produces a conservative power output of 360 watts into 8 ohms per channel, the threshold of clipping being 450 watts per channel.

The amplifier for its vintage and design produces excellent measured and subjective performance. I know longer have a use for this amplifier.

This sale is only available to residents in Australia.
The price is $700.00. All shipping costs are paid by the buyer.

Please send a Pm if you are interested.

Ian

Attachments

• clairbros700b2.jpg
    clairbros700b2.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 301
It weigh's 45lbs so you can see why I am thinking of a local buyer.

Its also a 240vac version.

Jands, our permier concert sound co contracted the use of these amps from Clair Bros to drive the equaly amazing Clair Bros S4 Cabinets. These were 4 way, dual 18 2240, 4 x K110 JBL, 2 x 2440 horn and 2 x 2405 slot composite box quad amped with racks of these amps.

I have seen my amp in full flight to - 3db only once driving a 15 inch JBL 2226 to the limits of linearity (1" p-peak). It has devastating control, power and dynamic range.

I am sorry to see it go

Ian

It weigh's 45lbs so you can see why I am thinking of a local buyer.

Its also a 240vac version.

Jands, our permier concert sound co contracted the use of these amps from Clair Bros to drive the equaly amazing Clair Bros S4 Cabinets. These were 4 way, dual 18 2240, 4 x K110 JBL, 2 x 2440 horn and 2 x 2405 slot composite box quad amped with racks of these amps.

I have seen my amp in full flight to - 3db only once driving a 15 inch JBL 2226 to the limits of linearity (1" p-peak). It has devastating control, power and dynamic range.

I am sorry to see it go

Ian
Is this still available?
How many do you have?