• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Markaudio Alpair 12p Pensils

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am selling my Markaudio 12p Pensils. They are made from 11-ply Baltic Birch plywood and stuffed with the wool AcoustaStuff and not the cheap polyfill. Backs are screwed on so you can adjust the amount of fill as needed. Wood is raw and ready for the finish of your choice. Speakers were broken in according to Mark's recommendations and have several hundred hours on them. They sound absolutely amazing and very relaxed compared to Fostex which can be aggressive at times. The bass is pretty impressive for such a small speaker as well.

I am selling them because I simply have too many speakers! I recently picked up a set of Crites-modified Cornwalls and I really don't listen to anything else anymore.

Asking $600 for the set and for logistics reasons, pick-up in Holland, MI

Attachments

• pensil - front.jpg
    pensil - front.jpg
    491.5 KB · Views: 308
  • pensil - back.JPG
    pensil - back.JPG
    177.4 KB · Views: 291
  • pensil - fill.JPG
    pensil - fill.JPG
    194.3 KB · Views: 280
  • pensil - inside.JPG
    pensil - inside.JPG
    161.4 KB · Views: 280
Last edited:
I'm sure you'd prefer to sell these complete, but if you are willing to separate the drivers, I'm interested in them. I'm halfway through a Super Pensil build right now, with oak ply cabinets and solid red oaks baffles. But I haven't bought the drivers yet.

Let me know how much you'd want for them if you decide you'd split them out. I live in WI, so it would be a short UPS ride across the lake.

Thanks,

Tom

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.