• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Altec Moving Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Thanks Cal :up:

I hope so too, they really are amazing speakers. But it's tough to find someone close by who can take them. Rather low WAF, if you know what I mean. I had to build my own listening room to put them in.
Once you have that, you don't want to leave the room.

5 years from now. And they are mine. I would buy them for no other reason than all the tweaking I am sure you have done. Add that to the level of experience you have and you have something special, that few will ever enjoy. If there was any way.

BTW,
Did you ever do any consulting work for AudioAdvice in Raleigh?

I know. Had a pair of 416-8b's in an MLTL about same size. We have a small living room and it simply was too large. As a single man, no. But a wife and 4 kids, just too much. I hope people recognize what is available. IMO, they will not likely find anything like it. Sure they can by the components and build the boxes, but they will have spent more money and still not have the most important part, your time and effort on perfecting the crossover.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hey thanks! Yes, the crossover is key. Also took some time to find the right port size and to stiffen and dampen the boxes to keep them quiet. Tar, sand and braces helped.
You are right, I don't see these as speakers for the married man with 4 kids. :xeye:

Status
Not open for further replies.