• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Lowther Fidelio cabinets

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I have some DIY Lowther Fidelio cabinets for sale. They are made from baltic birch plywood. I made them to spec from the Lowther drawings. Clear lacquer finish, excellent craftsmanship. A few minor scratches. They are approx 45 lbs each, can ship them individually.

750.00 USD plus shipping. SOLD

Thanks

Attachments

• fidelios.JPG
    fidelios.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 394
Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2009
A couple of days ago I was reading up on these. The Fostex FE166e will give you the lowest bass of any driver in there according to one Les Hudson (he tried many, inclusive several Lowthers). Apparently those who heard it confirm 40Hz.

Moray James made some K-line enclosures that could take the FE166E but he found that the FE167E had even lower bass but gave up a bit in fine detail due to smaller magnet. Hence I suspect the FE167E will work also (to some extend?).

Pity that shipping is so expensive to New Zealand.

Ah. I have DX4 drivers and was hoping they would just drop in...

the DX4 will drop into the Fidelio cabinet. Same cutout, and there is plenty of depth behind, there should be about 25mm between the casework behind the speaker and the magnet.

Many people look at complex horn plans and don't want to make them, but it really is pretty easy if you are a careful craftsman. I used only a table saw, and a router to cut the hole, clamps and glue of course. I encourage you to build your own, as the cost is reduced to material, and its just like building an amp... you have the reward of using something that you made.

cheers

DX series qwtl

Here is a nice plan for an easy to build qwtl specifically for the DX's. I have not heard it, but due to its simplicity, and all of the thought that went into design, I would build it. I believe Martin King designed it. Case design and zobel network are all there, this looks like a great diy project.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.