FS: "Antique" Oerstit Public Address Speaker, works! - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th August 2014, 02:50 AM   #1
baco99 is offline baco99  United States
diyAudio Member

Default FS: "Antique" Oerstit Public Address Speaker, works!

I picked this up a while ago hoping to find a match, but now I need to make some space.

This is a very rare, pre-WWII German-made Oerstit 220mm (about 8.7") paper cone speaker. This was meant to be a "full range" for the time, PA speaker and the original transformer coil is mounted. Date reads "25 Jan 1938"!

The speaker itself measures 1.5 ohm and is in tact. I have not run it for more than a few seconds due to the very low DCR. The cone moves freely without any scratching.

Finding this one a new home.

Other Oerstit drivers from the 1940s price online for $200-$300 each depending on size. I seriously am out of my league with this one and would prefer not to ship to Germany due to the weight.

$100 takes it. Could be the makings of an amazing mono system with a 2 ohm stable tube amp.

Click the image to open in full size.

PM me with questions. It's really a neat piece of history.

From the webz
Quote:
Oerstit Magnet

I know nothing about the origin of the company Oerstit. But it seems that they belonged to DEW at some point in their history. Today they are part of the Tridelta group. The choice of the name "Oerstit" can't be a coincidence: Find above the portrait of Hans Christian Ørsted (August 14, 1777 – March 9, 1851). For those of you who can't know this: some scandinavian alphabets include the letter "Ø"; this letter is pronounced the same way as the German letter combination "Oe". He was a Danish physicist and chemist, influenced by the thinking of Immanuel Kant. He is best known for discovering the relationship between electricity and magnetism known as electromagnetism.The oersted is the CGS unit of magnetic field strength (or magnetic induction).
Old 16th August 2014, 02:24 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Bump
Old 29th August 2014, 11:37 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

bump

Hide this!Advertise here!