FS: TAD TD4003 + tractix horns - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th August 2014, 06:27 PM   #1
pos is offline pos  Europe
diyAudio Member

Default FS: TAD TD4003 + tractix horns

For sale is a pair of TAD TD4003 and a matching set of stereolab 400Hz tractrix horns.

No need to describe the TD4003: it doesn't get any better than these when it comes to compression drivers.

Everything is in perfect shape, and the TD4003 come with their original boxes.
I am the second owner, but they were always used in home settings.

Everything is packed right now but I will do photos for anyone seriously interested.

Available in Paris.
I would prefer a local a transaction, but can ship word-wild at your cost.

asking 3500€ for the set

PS: After the TD4003 are sold I might also part with a pair of brand new ET703 (only opened for measurement), TL1801 (only very slightly used) and TM1201H (second owner), all coming with their original boxes.

Last edited by pos; 8th August 2014 at 03:28 PM.
Old 14th August 2014, 09:26 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Pictures (with and without flash) :
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hl0y2q4dp...LZ5ULrvIlRd8Ra

Just for the grin, here is a comparison of the TAD vs JBL offering when it comes to 1.5" Be compression drivers, TD4003 vs 2450SL-Be (truextent) vs 2435HPL
(the JBL 476Be would be roughly the same size as the 2450SL-Be)
Click the image to open in full size.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0524.JPG (88.2 KB, 414 views)
Old 20th August 2014, 04:15 AM   #3
limono is offline limono  United States
diyAudio Member

So what had happened to your TAD project ? My friend is looking for ET703
Old 20th August 2014, 04:15 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Not enough time...
The drivers have been sitting in their boxes for too long and at this point I think the project will never be completed, so I prefer sell those pricey drivers rather than moping about unrealistic dreams
The ET703 are probably the drivers I will sell last (if I end up selling them), because they do not take much space
Old 21st August 2014, 03:45 AM   #5
limono is offline limono  United States
diyAudio Member

Actually the project may not be such unrealistic if you commission someone to make the suitable cab. It's usually when you try to make everything yourself than it's almost impossible to complete. I know if I sell the set of drivers I have now (4x 1602 ;TM1201, JBL2440/truextent beryllium -TD2001 , ET703 ) I will never buy it again so I just pretend I don't have them I sold TD4001 because it was too forward sounding and it actually doesn't match TD2001 that well. These days I'm pretty happy with a table radio but would like to build that dream speaker just to be over with . Good luck!

Hide this!Advertise here!