• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: 2 vintage Jensen "Flexair" P15LF 15" woofers NICE!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Beautiful, unmolested, original condition. Working perfect. 16 ohms. These were pulled from a pair of corner-horn speakers (Klipschorn clones) where they were isolated from the elements deep inside the cabinets for decades. The cones, dust caps, surrounds, spiders, frames, bells, everything looks just beautiful.

Local pickup in Boston area or I could ship. These are HEAVY! They have beefy Alnico magnets. I'd rather not ship...

Sorry, I don't know the T/S parameters. I don't know what applications a P15LF might have been used for when it was new.

Asking $160. Pics to follow.

Last edited:
Here are some pics of unit 1 of 2.

The number just to the right of the mounting hole reads 'P15LF'.

You'll notice some goop just around the rim. Some of that is putty which was used to seal the woofers to the motorboard in the previous application. It comes off very easily. Some of that is the original gasket, which fell apart during disassembly. You'd need new 15" woofer gaskets to install these.

On the front of the woofer there's some residue at the right-hand edge of the surround (what was the lower edge in the previous application.) I don't know what this is, but it doesn't affect the operation in any way.

Attachments

• CIMG1384.JPG
    CIMG1384.JPG
    234.4 KB · Views: 238
  • CIMG1385.JPG
    CIMG1385.JPG
    213.2 KB · Views: 230
  • CIMG1387.JPG
    CIMG1387.JPG
    205.1 KB · Views: 237
  • CIMG1388.JPG
    CIMG1388.JPG
    230.6 KB · Views: 216
  • CIMG1389.JPG
    CIMG1389.JPG
    230.1 KB · Views: 214
I have a pair of Jensen 1200 XL speakers and they each contain 4 P15LF drivers and they look much differant than the P15LF's that you had and sold.

Not really :)

OP shows Alnico magnet 15" jensen, so "P" something; P meaning Permanent Magnet which way back then meant Alnico.
They replaced the "F" series ones , which used a Field Coil electromagnet.
His speakers sport the optional "bell cover" over the magnets, generaly used when speakers were sold on their own.

Yours shows same speakers, with the tall cylindrical Alnico ring magnets.
A telltale sign is that Alnico, being a specialized steel type, is electrically welded to top and bottom plates; you can not do that with ceramic which requires epoxying.

At least one of your speakers, shown bottom right, is not Alnico but ceramic, notice the flatter wider disk shape , the greyish center ceramic ring and absence of electrical welds.

It should be labelled "C15" something.

Maybe a later replacement or it was assembled when Jensen was just switching from Alnico to Ceramic.

Those cabinets must be really wall shaking :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.