Ongaku amplifier AN transformers - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th May 2014, 06:38 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Ongaku amplifier AN transformers

I have a set of Audionote transformers 2x 10k output transformers 1x power transformer with heaters for the 4x 5AR4 rectifiers. 211 power tubes 5687 6072 etc.
These have all been used for about 100 hrs when I built the ongaku amplifier about 10 years ago, unfortunately whilst moving from the UK to Cyprus the chassis was damaged, it was all stripped down for when I had time to put it back
togther again unfortunately that day has never come.
I wish to sell them all preferably as a set could you tell me where I maybe able to advertise them to get a decent price for them besides Ebay.

They are all in perfect condition and have been flash tested at 2Kv to ensure they are safe to use.

Thanks Mark
Old 27th May 2014, 10:37 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Pics, price?
Old 27th May 2014, 10:54 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Will take some pics for you this evening, they are genuine audionote transformers from audionote uk. They are IE design but with the ofc copper windings from what I remember.

Mark
Old 27th May 2014, 06:24 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Click the image to open in full size.

Here is the image you requested yes they are on mats so that I dont get a row from my wife, thankfully she doesnt know they cost conciderably more than the table.
The mains transformer has never been used, when I built the amp I used three smaller transfomers to give me the voltages I wanted. The mains TX was bloody expensive so I wanted to make sure I at least liked the sound.

Any questions just ask mark

pic does not seem to load is at http://www.dropshots.com/mark1evans#

paste into your browser

Last edited by mark1evans; 27th May 2014 at 06:38 PM. Reason: pic does not load
Old 27th May 2014, 06:44 PM   #5
Mooly is offline Mooly  United Kingdom
diyAudio Moderator

Try attaching the pictures directly. Its much better all round.

To add a photo, files or non standard files.

First click "go advanced" in the box below the "quick reply" message box. Doesn't matter if you decide half way through a message to do that, it carries it forward.

Then click "Manage attachements". Maximise the new Window so that you can see all the text.

Click browse in the first box at the top and find your picture. Repeat for any more pictures.
Click upload... a message appears "uploading"
When complete the files will show as being attached. Now click the small text that says "close this window"

The pictures should now be attached and when you submit your post they will appear.

Make sure your pics aren't too big, a couple of 100k is plenty, and many members object when they are massive and it alters the margins
It tells you in the attachments window what max sizes are allowed.

If you want to attach a file that has a non standard format for example excel, circuit simulation etc then try putting the files in a zipped folder and attaching that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (80.4 KB, 255 views)
Old 27th May 2014, 07:26 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Thanks mod I know why I stuck with analogue electronics all these years now
Old 27th May 2014, 08:08 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the pic.

Price?
Do you have the schematic?
Old 28th May 2014, 06:41 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

Yes I have the schematic, tho it is posted all over the internet, It is a very simple circuit with few components.The only thing to bear in mind is the voltage is just under 1Kv, keep these lines short and sleeve them in silicone rubber tubing and you will be fine.
I have some tested ideas that will save a lot of money when it comes to the capacitors they sound very good and paper in oil caps can come to a lot of money.
The 211s are ok and come from chelmer valves in the uk,but it deserves a lot better golden dragon premium are not absurd prices and sound very good.
As for price I originally posted to try and get some ideas to their worth and know what they cost me and they are now difficult to get hold of make an offer I suppose.
What I can tell you tho is I have 300b setup at the moment and they are not a patch on that ongaku, glassy clear is I suppose the words and with in enough grunt to drive normal speakers.
Hope this helps Mark
Old 31st May 2014, 11:19 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

Default Requested schematic for transformer set

This is the schematic for the audionote ongaku amplifier I used as requested

Mark
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ongaku.jpg (11.7 KB, 182 views)
File Type: gif ongaku sch.gif (94.7 KB, 188 views)

Last edited by mark1evans; 31st May 2014 at 11:24 AM. Reason: missing pic wrong file format
Old 31st May 2014, 11:35 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

Mark it's difficult to make you an offer if I don't know how much do you want.

Hide this!Advertise here!