• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Ongaku amplifier AN transformers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
many time it was posted and actually Kondo himself said that in the interview that Ongaku built with regular parts it's just another ordinary amplifier hardly worth the effort.
Custom transformers built to extraordinary standard , hand made silver capacitors, tantalum resistors with silver leads , age annealed (20 years +) hand drawn silver wiring , copper chassis is what supposedly makes it special.

Sorry for not responding to the qustions I had to go away for a week,Tube lab is correct the transfomers were purchased from audionote UK they have, at least under the black paint silver covers I sprayed them to match the rest of the amp I built.
They have tapped secondarys to match 211 0r 845 tubes and were sold as the transfomers for the Ongaku amp clone. The Power supply transfmer has 0 100 110 and 120 windings for US and UK mains supply.I have the original Audionote wiring colour codes avail to prove they match.The original sticker was removed prior to spraying.
Someone asked me earlier in the thread which ones they are and I cannot confirm the model as they are no longer listed, there were three options and it was the middle of the three as I remember, the last being extremly expensive and out of my reach. Mt earlier posting of weight was incorect as I have now weighed them for postage as someone wanted to but them, they weigh in at 8.3 Kg for the O.P TXs.
Mark

There are pirate PDF's of these magazines out there on the web

Actually this pdf's are from the CD that Joe Roberts is selling by ebay, I got one of them long time ago (further I have all the issues of this marvellous print)This cd also has the 17th issue, that never appeared while most subscribers was waiting during long time.

Thanks for give us your long experience impressions further you finished that venerable amplifier that many of us look for obtain.

Best Regards gentlemen

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.