• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Grayhill 6-position PCB mount rotary switches

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
For Sale:

I have about 45 of these Grayhill 6-position horizontal PCB mount rotary switches, part # 71ADF30-02-2-AJN. I bought them months ago for use in a project that went a different direction.

Newark sells these switches for $26.73 each here: http://www.newark.com/NewarkWebCommerce/newark/en_US/support/catalog/productDetail.jsp?id=57F3767

Specs can be found at that link. Welborne Labs also offers these switches as a high quality source selector.

I would like only $5 per switch, or ten for $40, or buy them all for $125. This is a fantastic deal for anyone looking for a rotary switch to use on their boards.

Please contact justin at headamp.com if interested.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

antness said:
I'm really not sure, I havent used these switches.

The part # is 71ADF30-02-2-AJN

The datasheet is here: http://embrace.grayhill.com/embrace/IMAGES/PDF/J-31-44.pdf

This should answer all of your questions

Thank you, it did actually answer my question (looking over one of the diagrams).

The answer, for those who may care, is that yes, you can use it to switch both the ground and the inputs at the same time, thus avoiding the need to combine the input grounds.

also, some other information that may be of interest to anyone interested in these

(all these gathered from the model # that was stated in the first post btw)

they're non shorting, have adjustable stop switches (not sure if any additional hardware is required), and have a 30 degree angle of throw ..

Peter Daniel said:
Because they are. However, it seems that shaft is not a standard diameter, but smaller than 1/4". You might have problems with finding matching knobs, but I wouldn't worry about it.

Seems the shaft is 0.125" (1/8"). I was thinking of making my own knob actually, from a small aluminum rod .. should work well i think, if i can get the hole down the middle precisely (which should work well once i get a drill press!!)

I received my switches last night, thanks Antness for your quick service. Only thing is, there are no pins included for setting the stops. There should be 2 pins in each switch, behind the gold foil, that you can move to wherever you want to adjust the stops. As it is now, they just keep rotating around and around. Anyone get their switches and have the stop pins included?

RonS

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.