• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Speaker Cabinets for Tang Band driver

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
SOLD

I built these speaker boxes last year for a set of Tang Band W8-1772 drivers. They sounded great, but I ultimately decided to keep my Klipsch Cornwalls (more kid friendly than an exposed driver). I'm listing them here for $100.

They are built from the Tang Band plans for the w8-1772 rear-horn loaded design. They are rock solid and made from 1" cabinet grade Russian baltic birch and weigh somewhere around 100 pounds each. I never even sanded them (I wanted to listen to them badly after I built them), so if finishing these is important to you they will need to be sanded before applying finish. Other than that, they are ready to drop some drivers into them and enjoy!

The wood alone was about $300 so for my asking price of $100 it's a steal for anyone who can use them. They have speaker wire and binding posts installed. The plans are for the w8-1772's, but should be pretty good with any of the Fostex style 8" single drivers. I'm about 10 minutes north of Denver, Colorado. Due to the weight, no shipping. Local pickup only.

Attachments

• IMG_1804.jpg
    IMG_1804.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_1805.jpg
    IMG_1805.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_1806.jpg
    IMG_1806.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_1807.jpg
    IMG_1807.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.