Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th January 2014, 10:06 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default FS: VSSA complete stereo kit

LC's official VSSA stereo kit (transistors included) with Nichicon Fine Gold electrolytic and Vishay Roedestein MKT1822 film capacitors.
All components are new and the boards unpopulated as you can see in the attached photo.

I sell them since I hadn't time to build the amplifier and, in the meanwhile, I moved the Hi-Fi system to a wider room and I changed the speakers to harder ones (MG). I need more power and I'm changing my mind towards a more powerful amplifier.

The full kit is made of:
- n1 LC's VSSA kit; (paid 76Euro)
- n8 Nichicon FG 50V, 1000uF (12.9E)
- n4 Nichicon FG 6.3V, 2200uF (4E)
- n4 Vishay-Roe MKT1822 10uF, 63V (18.4E)

I'm asking 90Euro.

Note about MKT1822: I bought some of them for a different project and that experience told me they were slightly better than MKT1820; I intended to make use of them in this project too.
They are bigger than MKT1820 with longer pcm but they can be easily fit on these boards. They would simply extend a bit beyond the edge but I guess the results are quite good under audio point of view .

IMG_1052.JPG
Old 3rd February 2014, 06:37 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

No one interested in this so well engineered amplifier?

LC has done a geat work with the boards and their layout and the reports of many members say the amp sounds wondeful.

I sell it only because I think I need more power in my new arrangement.

The charge can be discussed ...
Old 3rd February 2014, 06:37 PM   #3
Just DIY!
diyAudio Member

I would certainly jump on those if I didn't have four modules already. This is an extremely well sounding amplifier. People should jump on the opportunity!

Do
Old 4th February 2014, 02:01 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

What power output can those provide?
Old 4th February 2014, 03:37 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Thanks to Pinnocchio's encouragement and report , I'm already trading the modules.

About output power, LazyCat says 100Wmax/8Ohm.

If we consider the classical formulas:
P = Ipk^2 * R / 2
P = Vpk^2 /R / 2
P = Vpk * Ipk / 2

.. and the Vpeak = Vpsu - 2V (LC says), but we can take 3 more voltage margin in high current/power conditions due to voltage drop of PSU...

.. you can calcute the max output power in your working condition (PSU voltage and speaker impedance).

Everyone can correct me if my arguments are wrong
Old 21st February 2014, 04:24 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Still for sale?
Old 23rd February 2014, 09:21 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Just SOLD!

Thank you all!

Hide this!Advertise here!