• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

TPA3116 Steampunk Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

Amp has been sold. Thanks!

TPA3116 Class D mounted in a Hammond aluminum chassis. Hammertone black enamel with copper accents. Alpha volume pot, cat 6e signal wiring, dc connector for included higher quality 12V 5A or 24V 5A AC/DC external power supply. (choose based on power needs) Gold plated RCA's and my favorite inexpensive five way binding posts. Solid aluminum isolation points. Steampunk style gauge is for decoration only. It is not operational.

Last edited:
You're selling these? Coolness. But 12v? How can you get any decent wattage with 12 volts? Do I need insanely sensitive horns to use this?

Charles.

Nope, no insanely sensitive horns needed, but they sure are fun.
Class D = Efficiency. Much of what goes in, comes out without heat.
I would recommend this board, with 12 volts, to those who had speakers that were successful with EL84 push pull, 300B's, 845's or even a push pull EL34 if one opts to use a 24 volt suppy. (more power) Hope this helps?

Also, is that meter on the front functional? Power or VU?

Charles.

The text indicates it is non-functional, for decoration only. With that said, I've found that with enough California Pino Noir, the needle deflects a little. I also sometimes tell my friends that I leave it on all the time and the reason the needle never moves is it has a super stiff power supply.

Last edited:
Most with this chip say that 12v battery or 19-21volt switched power supplies hit the sweet spot. Above 21v and the whole sound diminishes. Might depend on which board you are using, but in any case a very cool looking amp.

Thanks for your kind comments Octavia. I suppose other user's "sweet spot" voltage results also are impacted by the power needs of their speakers. For me, in my system, I have found the voltage differences impact on the sound subtle. I do use a 12 volt SLA battery with good results. I'll gladly reduce the price by the price of the power supply ($16.75) if someone would like to use their own battery or power supply. I include a nice 5A one for convenience sake.

Here is the board inside. I didn't take any photos of the guts. It's just Cat6e twisted signal wire and 18 gauge solid core twisted power wire.
Not much to see really. Simple as simple gets.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.