• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Hypex NCORE 400 Amps for sale.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here are some pics of the build...

Image3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Image1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Image2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Image.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Heya-

I was using these to drive Duntech Sovereigns, and I was checking out if they offered the speakers a little more headroom. At lower volumes they sounded unbelievably clear and open but they couldn't drive the Duntechs to greater power and hold up. I've since learned from a fellow Mastering engineer with these speakers that they are power pigs and you can hardly throw enough power at them - he uses a pair of Cello Performance II amps for each speaker which comes out to something like 4800 watts at the impedance the speakers require (between 1 & 3 ohms). They weren't the right match unfortunately.

Best,
josh

Since we didn't do a critical test ABX style, it would be hard to say definitively. Our impression was that add them didn't do a whole lot. The conclusion: That Duntech Sovereigns need big power to reach their full potential and 800 watts is not enough.

Best,
josh

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.