Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th January 2014, 05:49 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Lundahls for sale?

Hi,

LL2418 from Lundahl seems to be their only appropriate power/mains transformer for solid state amplifiers. No authorized distributer sell them in North America, only 1 in Europe.

If I custom order 18V+18V (or 36V Center Tapped) transformer with 300-500VA, perfect for many Nelson Pass DIY amplifiers. How many people do you think will purchase them? I need to know because being a distributor can be risky.

I don't earn a decent salary while at school, so I'm hoping this will pay for tuitions.

What's the highest price customers will pay for them?(I'm trying to please everyone)

mains-transformers1
Great explanation of the product here.

I notice people will use toroidal instead of E.I. Lundahl(special type of C-core) also have benefits of Ground capacitance, D/C tolerance, and less inrush current than Toroidals. All magnetic strays will be canceled, therefore, it'll be better performing than a toroidal with custom screen. The only disadvantage of Lundahl is lower efficiency.

Last edited by newfoundjoy; 16th January 2014 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Last Edit, i promise!
Old 16th January 2014, 06:46 AM   #2
Mooly is online now Mooly  United Kingdom
diyAudio Moderator

Moved to "Swap Meet"
Old 16th January 2014, 07:03 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Last edit:

LL2418 from Lundahl seems to be their only appropriate power/mains transformer for solid state amplifiers. No authorized distributer sell them in North America, only 1 in Europe.

If I custom order 18V+18V (or 36V Center Tapped) transformer with 300-500VA, perfect for many Nelson Pass DIY amplifiers. How many people do you think will purchase them? I need to know because being a distributor can be risky.

I don't earn a decent salary while at school, so I'm hoping this will pay for tuitions.

What's the highest price customers will pay for them?(I'm trying to please everyone)

mains-transformers1
Great explanation of the product here.

I notice people will use toroidal instead of E.I. Lundahl(special type of C-core) also have benefits of Ground capacitance, D/C tolerance, and less inrush current than Toroidals. All magnetic strays will be canceled, therefore, it'll be better performing than a toroidal with custom screen. The only disadvantage of Lundahl is lower efficiency.
Old 16th January 2014, 07:07 AM   #4
diyAudio Moderator

You can permanently edit your first post. You don't need to post "another version" later on.
Old 16th January 2014, 07:34 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Thank you.
Old 16th January 2014, 07:36 AM   #6
diyAudio Moderator

Your welcome

(Have a read at the "Group Buy" forum too).
Old 16th January 2014, 09:02 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

no love for lundahl it seems
Old 16th January 2014, 09:39 AM   #8
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfoundjoy View Post
What ! After a couple of hours when half the world is asleep. Patience.
Old 16th January 2014, 09:50 AM   #9
AJT is offline AJT  Philippines
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
why not post the part number and cost and price break if any?
lack of information tends to shove people away....
Old 16th January 2014, 09:58 AM   #10
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:

Why the relatively expensive (especially with transport and duty) Lundahl? There's a lot of North American transformer companies who can produce excellent power transformers with split bobbin or R-core or similar winding styles at significantly lower cost.

Many people (like me) use toroids as power transformers because they're inexpensive, easy to mount, and easily available. They just take a bit more care in power supply design and layout to reduce coupling of mains noise.

Hide this!Advertise here!