• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

[FS] Hypex UCD400ST x2 + SMPS1200A400

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

Due to change in my project I have a pair of Hypex UCD400ST + SMPS1200A400 (with cable set) that I will actually not use.
One 400ST has been plugged just for testing, all other materials are BNIB.

Will ship worldwide from France.

Price for all : 300€

Last edited:
It seems to be possible. Here is a quote from UcD Q&A.

UcD bridging

Q: I need double the power in an 8Ohm load than a UcD amplifier can produce. Is there some way I can bridge two, for example, UcD400’s?

A: You need to drive one of the modules 180 degrees out of phase by simply swapping the negative and positive input signal wires. Tie the loudspeaker between both positive loudspeaker outputs of the amplifiers and connect a 47n/200V capacitor across the loudspeaker terminals at the amplifiers’ side. This set-up is most applicable for 8 Ohm loads since each amplifier ‘sees’ 4 Ohms with an 8 Ohm load attached. A 4 Ohm load might trigger the current protection leaving you with not nearly as much power as you might have expected.

Well, according to at the datasheet current limit is 18A so I think I would be safe. I don't need buckets of power. I would need around 700w at 4.8 Ohm. And I think it's better to run them bridged then to pull 370w at 2.5 Ohms from each one. I may be wrong though....

Anyway , if these are new and if you didn't done any modifications on them like on this ones ,I will take them! Please send me few photos on my e-mail.

regards.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.