• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FOR SALE Hitachi HT-550 turntable NICE!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Selling my Hitachi HT-550 turntable. It is in very nice condition and sounds great. Very heavy well made Japanese table. One small mark on the cover near the back, otherwise darn near mint. I have a headshell and variety of cartridges to choose from if you need one, cost to be determined based on cartridge.

$250 plus shipping.

Attachments

• DSCN4268.JPG
    DSCN4268.JPG
    608.9 KB · Views: 384
  • DSCN4267.JPG
    DSCN4267.JPG
    638.4 KB · Views: 382
  • DSCN4272.JPG
    DSCN4272.JPG
    846.4 KB · Views: 345
  • DSCN4270.JPG
    DSCN4270.JPG
    651.3 KB · Views: 329
What a beautiful turntable!

Dear Kiloherz,

What a beauutiful turntable you have there.

I believe these turntables are extremely rare here in Europe, because I have been looking now for quite some time, and the few Hitachi 550's that have been offered for sale seem to come only from the USA and Canada.

I gather that the turntable is set to 110 volts AC at 60 Hz, but that there is somewhere a switch to change that to 220 V at 50Hz?

If so, would you consider shipping it to Europe?

Dear Kiloherz,

What a beauutiful turntable you have there.

I believe these turntables are extremely rare here in Europe, because I have been looking now for quite some time, and the few Hitachi 550's that have been offered for sale seem to come only from the USA and Canada.

I gather that the turntable is set to 110 volts AC at 60 Hz, but that there is somewhere a switch to change that to 220 V at 50Hz?

If so, would you consider shipping it to Europe?

Hello Boyd,

Sorry for the delay. I didn't receive any notifications that there were replies until i just got a PM.

TO answer your questions, yes it is 120VAC and I don't know of any switch to run it on 220VAC 50 Hz. Usually the transformers are designed for either 50 or 60 Hz, not both. Would rather not ship overseas..too much damage risk.

Thank you

Paul

Dear Paul,

Thank you for the reply and your clear answer. I fully understand your hesitations with regard to shipping it to Europe. It would be a shame to see that beautiful turntable being wrecked because of rough handling during shipping and such.

I will keep on looking for a Hitachi 550 that is set to 220 V at 50 Hz more nearby.

Lastly, I do hope that Dan from California will be able to purchase your turntable, though.

Kind regards (and best wishes for 2014), Boyd Berends

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.