• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS in Los Angeles: subwoofer, subwoofer cabinet, oscilliscope, KEF center...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Oh - have a KEF Q100 (style = black ash) with a bad tweeter for sale - $75 firm. Local pickup in Los Angeles only as shipping one is a pain.

And a pair (style = really nice light birch) that have been modified with nicer damping material (long-haired English wool (you can tell by the accent)) and the walls have been stiffened by an internal bolt. $300 even for that pair - have original Q100 boxes so can ship them appropriately padded.

Was going to use as an LCR in the home theater but am going to stick with the incredible 12" Tannoy dual-concentrics because aesthetic considerations only go so far!

Cheers,
Tal

Last edited:
I was really intrigued by a certain car audio amp, so bought a really nice linear 20 amp regulated supply (5mV ripple!!!) to power it - but decided it's awkward, and am sticking with home audio for ... home audio.

So:
I have an Astron RS-20M power supply for pick up in Los Angeles, looking for an even $50. Here's some info on it:
http://www.theantennafarm.com/catalog/astron-rs-20m-1819.html

Here's the amp I bought, a really nice Alpine PDX-F4, asking $185 firm.
Alpine

Also have two evaluation boards + a nice SMPS for a digital amplifier.
Apogee EB-2060S amplfier boards
$85 + shipping. Here is an information sheet from Apogee - these are fully functional digital amplifiers evaluation boards, stereo 2 x 35W RMS @ 8 ohms @1% THD per board.

Here's a very detailed PDF of the boards:
http://www.apogeebio.com/ddx/PDFs/EB-2060.pdf

Adding an older Niles SI-250 amplifier that I replaced with the new model that unfortunately has the exact same model #. Looking for a very firm $95 for it. That's not even $100!

Here are the specs for:
Two channel, bridgeable to mono
Stereo RMS rating into 8 / 4 / 2 ohms
125 / 185 / 250
Which means bridged into 8 / 4 ohms would be 370 / 500 watts RMS!!!
Pretty beefy power supply - it's 25 lbs.!

Here's a pretty positive review:
Product Review -

Here's an image of it from the back:
http://d2ydh70d4b5xgv.cloudfront.ne...mplifier-18951210d513338594392a9fcb5f4f86.jpg

It has a switched AC outlet that using the "audio sense" can turn on a small amplifier as it's rated for 750 watts!

Niles SI-250 amplifier sold locally!

But have a Yamaha P1600 that I was TOLD had an on-demand fan but after getting it discovered it had an always-on fan which rendered it useless to me. Looking for a firm $95 for it - it's in good shape, and is a solid typically well-made Yamaha amplifier with 160/200 stereo RMS watts at 8/4 ohms.

Best,
Tal

Added a nice 12 channel amplifier bought for playing with MiniDSP, but decided it's too many channels for an active 2 way (or 1.5 way rather) setup.

Description:

Bought this to have enough channels to consolidate two amplifiers I was using into one, but realize it's overkill to have so many extra channels, and so will go back to the two separate amplifiers. This is a wonderfully engineered amplifier that's built as six two-channel amplifiers (12 channels), 5 of which are bridgeable, each channel pair with their own selectable trigger configuration (music sensing, 12V external trigger, or always-on). Pertinent specs for each two channel module:
50 watts RMS stereo @ 8 ohms
75 watts RMS stereo @ 8 ohms
150 watts RMS mono @ 8 ohms
Looking for a firm $215 - this is a heavy, well-engineered amplifier that makes 3-way active configurations (or home theater/etc.) easy to consolidate. Local pickup only in Los Angeles (90042) as it's heavy!

Last edited:
Added a pair of early THX subwoofers, 8 ohm passive, sealed cabinet with nice Peerless drivers. Snell THX 550. $95 firm, local pickup in Los Angeles only! Dimensions are a convenient 23" x 19" x 11", so somewhat tall narrow cabinets - not so cubic. Have an older Dayton SA230 subwoofer plate amplifier I can sell with this for $55, although it'd be underpowering the pair - so $150 firm for a GREAT set of powered sealed 12" subwoofers! It's on the Craigslist for slightly more so if you're interested I'd move quickly. (Said the seller with absolutely no bias.) Actually the Sherwood amplifier I have would do a better job powering these, as two channel pairs would provide a solid true 150 watts to each subwoofer, which would leave another 4 stereo channel pairs! Good pictures of the same model subwoofer here:
http://www.usaudiomart.com/details/...b-550-5-pcs-2-original-stands/images/1146022/

September bump!

Edited first post, added N.E.A.R. 50 Me II floorstanding 3 ways a la Thiel, beefy JBL SB210 w/ dual ceramic/alloy 10" woofers, and some other stuff.

Cheers,
Tal

Attachments

• sb210.jpg
    sb210.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 247
  • JBL_SB210[1].pdf
    168.8 KB · Views: 34
Selling a pair of KEF Concerto speakers minus enclosure - bought by my father from England in the 70s. All surrounds are rubber, so these speakers are still sound great. Very much full-range, these use the legendary B139 oval cone flat piston woofer, along with the smilarly storied B110 and T27 speakers, used in the famed BBC LS3/5A studio .minimonitor. 62 liter enclosure = 35 Hz. box tuning. Crossover at 400 Hz. / 3500 Hz.

These would be great for someone looking for a full-range, decent sensitivity speaker, whose enclosure matches their living room furniture... because they'll build the enclosure.

Speakers are mounted on a baffle, with crossover, so everything is there - it just needs an open box to attach the baffle to.

For local pickup only in Los Angeles. $245 firm firm firm. These cost more in 1970s dollars, and are in great functional condition - and sound really good.

Some details:
stereonomono: KEF Concerto

http://www.kef.com/uploads/files/en/museum_pdf/60s/Concerto_Manual_r.pdf

Speakers look like the black part of this:
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Cynth0Pv...AJ-Q/b02sT8U1usc/s1600/BLOGKEF+CONCERTO+1.jpg

Best,
Tal

Picked up a JBL LSR6312SP studio 12" subwoofer - unfortunately with a blown amplifier. These have the really nice neodymium differential-drive motors that JBL does so well - though in an awkward 2 ohm impedance (driver is the 252F). T/S parameters here:

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=21797&stc=1&d=1168116786

Here's what it came out of:
LSR6312SP Products | JBL Professional

Dust cap is ripped, will do $85 firm for it with the factory enclosure OMG FREE???!!!! Pickup in Los Angeles, of course.

If you just want the driver - because of the neo motor, it's actually freakishly lightweight, so wouldn't be terrible to ship. CONUS only, sorry international friends.

Cheers,
Tal

November bump!

Happy impending Turkey Day for those of you who celebrate poultry!

Added/subtracted and possibly divided but likely multiplied stuff in the first post; most of it for local pickup in Los Angeles, though I sometimes get up to the SF/Bay Area (like for the aforementioned Turkey Day).

Cheers,
Tal

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.