• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS - C3G OTL Headphone Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
For sale is one of my babies, an amplifier that I never wanted to sell...
But I simply have too many amps around and I can't give them all the playing time they deserve.

This is a SET amp based on the german C3G pentode (wired as triode). Pretty much everything is custom made...
from the chassis (Walnut Burl over cherrywood + 8mm aluminum top plate) to the custom mains transformer and
the custom chokes to the white Delrin volume knob.
Only very good parts were used: Siemens MKV (paper in oil) output capacitors, Sanyo Oscon + Mica in the cathode,
Kiwame load resistors, a Noble pot (detented!!!)and an all-MKP psu with a big 5R4GYB rectifier tube.
Mains voltage is set for 230V only, sorry.

It plays all kinds of music very nicely with amazing resolution and a punchy bass (on high impedance headphones preferably
- I am using Sennheiser's), it is hum free and has many years of service to come.
Built quality is as you see in the pictures... for questions please send a PM ( provide an email adress then) ;)

Asking 550€ plus shipping.

Attachments

• C3G-otl_1.JPG
    C3G-otl_1.JPG
    131.2 KB · Views: 686
  • C3G-otl_3.JPG
    C3G-otl_3.JPG
    133.7 KB · Views: 657
  • C3G-otl_6.JPG
    C3G-otl_6.JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 639
  • C3G-otl_7.jpg
    C3G-otl_7.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 640
Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Stunning looking amp ! As a hairsplitter I would have liked that one cap not to be glued to the chassis but in a bracket screwed to the chassis. Apart from that I think it is german quality all around. Congrats, I would never sell it if I were you as I guess you will regret this later on.

Last edited:
Thank you Jean-Paul!
Hope I will not regret it one day... but it also hurts me when it is just sitting on the shelf collecting dust (with four other headphone amps to choose from ;))
The one cap might not be earthquake resistant but is staying in place for quite some time now, also secured by the solid wire... but I take your point!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.