• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Elsinore Speaker Project Cabinets for Sale

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2003
Paid Member

Attachments

• DSC_0030.jpg
    DSC_0030.jpg
    376.7 KB · Views: 734
  • Anigre.jpg
    Anigre.jpg
    272.9 KB · Views: 705
  • Glue Joints.jpg
    Glue Joints.jpg
    396.3 KB · Views: 698
  • Joining.jpg
    Joining.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 671
  • Base Plate Installed.jpg
    Base Plate Installed.jpg
    482.5 KB · Views: 685
  • Final Side Veneer in Press(one end).jpg
    Final Side Veneer in Press(one end).jpg
    392.9 KB · Views: 371
  • Music Room.jpg
    Music Room.jpg
    471.3 KB · Views: 345
Last edited:
Since these are diy speakers I doubt that most builders have high end speakers in their homes to compare them to. I have put them up against two sets of Salk Sound speakers, the Verasity Ht-2 ($4500 list) and Verasity Ht-3 ($6500 list). Salk is a small custom speaker manufacture and the list price is pretty well what you pay for new speakers, they are often compared to speakers costing 2 to 3 times as much. These are no compromise 2 and 3 way speakers with furniture grade finish. They use ribbon tweeters and Seas Excel W18's for the mids. The Elsinore's hold their own against both sets. Very similar frequency response and presentation. Bolser heard them against the HT-3's and liked the Elsinores a little better. I like the high's of the ribbon tweeter better. I notice a little more fullness in the Elsinores and can hear the multiple drivers when I first switch from the Salks to the Elsinores. For the price difference the Elsinores are definitely a better value. They are extremely easy to listen to with the Bolser mods and are amp friendly. The Elsinores can be placed extremely wide apart and still give a rock solid image and with the right amp don't need a subwoofer. The best part is when your friends come over and listen to them with their mouths agape you can say that you built them.

Hello Joel,

Since I have no woodworking skills, I have been waiting for an offer like yours! I'd be looking for a paint finish that I would do myself.

I am a little worried about shipping costs to Europe though. Do you think this would be a viable option at all? I could live with slow boat service if this is cheaper.

If anyone in Holland area is able and willing to build cabinets, please contact me.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.