• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Lindsey-Hood Battery phono amp, FOR SALE

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there,

I am selling my homemade DIY battery powered phono amp. I made it a number of years ago, its based on a lindsey-hood phono circuit (I didn't make any alterations) and uses pretty good quality components, all 1% metal film resistors, polypropylene output caps etc. It is soldered point to point with no circuit board. It presently is for MM cartridges only right now, although if you could find the circuit diagram online (I lost the photocopy I built it from) you can easily make it work for MC also.
At present it is wired to accept 2X 9volt PP3 batteries (the little square ones) and lasts about 4 weeks between re-charges (assuming average use) the two op-amps in this amp are a LM833N and a LF353N these are on sockets so it will be easy to upgrade them to higher spec op-amps if you want.
It has a ground wire to connect to the turntable or pre-amp etc and is built into a plain black metal box with a power switch on the front, it has a pair of RCA phono sockets for the input (high quality gold plated teflon ones) and the output is a pair of gold plated quality RCA plugs (with OFC wire interconnects).
As far as looks go, this is not going to win any competitions, but if you are just looking for something cheap, easy to use and with excellent sound quality, this is for you!
I think you would have to spend hundreds on a retail phono amp to match the sound quality of this, it has given me a few years of fantastic quality.
I am selling it as I recently made a new battery powered pre-amp with integral phono stage and I want to get some of the money back I spent on this, I hope it goes to a good home!!
I am asking $40 plus about $5 for P&P, I prefer Paypal.
I have uploaded some pictures for those interested:

http://public.fotki.com/bartsimpson1234/for_sale_lindsey-ho/

Thanks!

Chris

If interested, please e-mail C_Charlton (at) yahoo.com, I may not response instantly as I am travelling around xmas, I will get in contact as soon as I can.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.