• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Heavy duty PLUGGABLE speaker binding post's!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I scored a large lot of these bizarre but ultra heavy duty speaker binding post's.

These were custom made but never put into production is my understanding. I believe these were made by ODU as they match this page pretty closely.

ODU Single Contacts - Connectors for High-Current Applications - ODU USA

These appear to be Gold Plated and have a removable plug end that is the typical binding post. I have NO idea what these would have been used for or WHY they were built this way. But I have about 1000 of them!

I will be looking for a vendor to buy the lot of them but in the meantime I thought I would see i could share some with YOU! Hurry Hurry!

$10 per set - A set will include 2x nuts, 2x sockets, 2x plugs and 2x binding post type nut.

Discounts for 10 or more sets. contact me for details.

Plus shipping of course and i guess i must say it...Battery not included!

Key Features

• Up to 1,000,000 mating cycles with Springtac™ contacts
  • Designed for high-current applications
  • Low and constant contact resistance
  • Low and constant mating force
  • Ideal for high vibration environments
  • AWG 22 to AWG 4/0 terminations available
  • Tread and crimp terminations available
  • Available in round or flat sockets
  • Custom design requests are always welcome
Typical Applications

• High Current power distribution
  • Battery backup - UPS systems
  • Welding robots
  • Testing and Measurement
  • Lighting systems
  • Rack and panel mount systems
  • Electric vehicles
  • Railroad
  • Nuclear power
  • Audio/ Video systems

Attachments

• IMG_20130909_185203_106.jpg
    IMG_20130909_185203_106.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 325
  • IMG_20130909_185230_549.jpg
    IMG_20130909_185230_549.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 321
  • IMG_20130909_185256_565.jpg
    IMG_20130909_185256_565.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 317
  • IMG_20130909_185329_412.jpg
    IMG_20130909_185329_412.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 310
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Hi I would like to try 2 pairs. Will send a PM.

Some questions:

- won't one need 2 x nuts on the jack ? One for securing the jack and one for securing spade connectors.

- will 4 mm2 wire fit in the plugs wire hole ?

- or are they meant for soldering the cable (does not seem logical) ?

Last edited:
Hi I would like to try 2 pairs. Will send a PM.

Some questions:

- won't one need 2 x nuts on the jack ? One for securing the jack and one for securing spade connectors.
Good point! I can supply each post with 2 internal nuts. one to secure the jack and one to attach the wire internally.

- will 4 mm2 wire fit in the plugs wire hole ?
I'm not sure what that translates into American wire gauge. Sorry, the hole on the inside of the binding post end is rather small. standard sized spade lugs crimped onto a wire will fit the binding post. the end has a banana plug hole.

- or are they meant for soldering the cable (does not seem logical) ?
I am guessing that these were designed to mount to a PCB internally There is no provisions for soldering on either end.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.