• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

quality seals

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
as my guitar-valve-combo is complete.. or any other device

how do a get an seal to use it on stage,in studio at all...

in europe the minimum is CE , in germany GS, there sure is something similar in any region.

how much/what effort is such a seal, for a single item and for an item to be sold?
does any part needs a own seal or just the whole thing at all. I only use one-electron products in the transformer/choke section.

any experiences on that?

A32920.jpg electrical-test-tag.jpg

Here in Aus, all portable electrical equipment used on construction work sites must have a tag certifying that the item is electrically safe.
These tags are colour coded according to three month periods, and must be kept up to date.
This is not a full UL/CE/GS etc type test, but merely certifies that the item will not be a hazard to the user.
For casual usage of your amp this test may be sufficient.
Your local electrician or test tagging service can perform this certification.

Dan.

http://www.commerce.wa.gov.au/worksafe/PDF/Guides/guide_to_testing_and_tagging.pdf

Last edited:
as my guitar-valve-combo is complete.. or any other device

how do a get an seal to use it on stage,in studio at all...

in europe the minimum is CE , in germany GS, there sure is something similar in any region.

how much/what effort is such a seal, for a single item and for an item to be sold?
does any part needs a own seal or just the whole thing at all. I only use one-electron products in the transformer/choke section.

any experiences on that?

wait! you built it, and now you have to pay for a seal or sticker to use it?

I read some of the EU recommendations concerning CE.

the most important thing is: it is most on documentation

this means you even can do the measurements/calculations in-house/yourself.

so if one adds information on construction-quality, parts used, EM fields and possible dangers to other machines, graphs etc to the user manual (in the native language of the importer/buyer - no matter what quality .. i guess auto translate might do .. as we know if you buy a 5€ hair-dyer ;) - ) and others...

if this information is transparent and compliant you have to place the right CE sticker on the item.

one other main aim for that CE is to identify the builder consequently.

just a lose overview. if there is is interest i'd like to do a overview.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.