• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS AD1865 NOS Tube DAC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Selling my AD1865 NOS DAC with tube output stage. It has two SPDIF inputs and one pair of RCA outputs.

The board is modified Raindrop Hui design. The entire tube stage was redesigned using high quality components - Vishay z-foil, kiwame, allen-bradley, nichicon, elna, RelCap, etc. Tubes are a pair Russian 6n6p. Other noval 6.3 volt tubes such as 6n1p, 6dj8 could be used.

Receiver chip is CS8414. I fed 24/48 signals from my Logitech Duet and it was playing fine.

It took me months to tweak the performance of this DAC to my liking, the DAC sounds very natural, musical, and dynamic. I am moving to hi-res computer setup thus this sale.

Asking $325 shipped in CONUS.

Attachments

• Audio 024.jpg
    Audio 024.jpg
    754.7 KB · Views: 335
  • Audio 025.jpg
    Audio 025.jpg
    722 KB · Views: 315
  • Audio 026.jpg
    Audio 026.jpg
    727.7 KB · Views: 296
  • Audio 027.jpg
    Audio 027.jpg
    765.1 KB · Views: 298
Last edited:
A beautiful unit! I have the same DAC, with the same modifications. It sounds phenomenal. I use a pair of tung-sol 6CG7 tubes.

In terms of hi-rez, there’s some great reading on audio asylum about the AD1865 and how excellent it sounds at 24 bits 96khz. The CS8414 is capable of receiving 96khz. This all works very well for my purposes.

Whoever gets this is a lucky buyer!

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
The ground lift switch is something for PA gear and it should be removed. A permanent PE connection should be made in an adequate way. This is a tube device with higher voltages. PE is mandatory.

Otherwise a nice build.

Last edited:
The ground lift switch is something for PA gear and it should be removed. A permanent PE connection should be made in an adequate way. This is a tube device with higher voltages. PE is mandatory.

Otherwise a nice build.

The ground lift switch does not break connection to the ground it just adds ground loop eliminator circuit that consists of 5 ohm resistor bypassed with 0.1 uf cap and four rectifier diodes connected in parallel pairs. The schematic is described in TubeCAD website.

I put this circuit in all my tube preamps that I build - it completely eliminates ground loop hum problems and is 100% safe.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.