• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Group buy on Sn96.5 Ag3.5 solder...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys,

I'm thinking of buying some silver solder. The problems is that it's a custom order, and very expensive unless I buy quantity. So, if there's enough interest I may order a bunch, and sell the rest. I'd need to sell about 20 rolls.

The mrf would be Kester, the solder mix would be Sn96.5, Ag3.5. Flux core would be #44 Kester, 3.3%. Dia .020 inches.

Approximate cost would be $40 per roll, for a 1 pound roll.

Any interest?

-Dan

Hi, I don't know if this will be of any use to you, but I can get hold of 1/4, 1/2 or 1 pound rols of 4% silver, 0.5% copper and 95.5% Tin for much less than the price you have been quoted there (something in the region of $5, $9 and $17 respectively), so if you look around you may be able to find a standard part would be a lot cheeper, unless you are interested in that specific composition.

bigparsnip said:
Hi, I don't know if this will be of any use to you, but I can get hold of 1/4, 1/2 or 1 pound rols of 4% silver, 0.5% copper and 95.5% Tin for much less than the price you have been quoted there (something in the region of $5, $9 and $17 respectively), so if you look around you may be able to find a standard part would be a lot cheeper, unless you are interested in that specific composition.

I'm looking for the silver for temperature, and strength characteristics (Not sound quality). How good is the alloy for strength? Do you know what the melting point is?

The stuff I'm quoting is about $115 per pound, with a minimum of 5 pounds. Price drops to around $40 per pound at 25 lbs.

-Dan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.