• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WANTED: 1KVA Toroidal's

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Erm, this may be a bit of wishful thinking, but i'm after a pair of 1 kva toroidal transformers for a large ish poweramp.... and as a student i'm not up for paying the £50 +vat that i have found them for... can anyone else help me? or is there a secret toroid parlour i can raid for a smaller fee?

(secondary is not so important, 55 odd volts? and 240 primary?)

Cheers Muchly

Matt

Hi,
I got my 1kVA 2x55V from Maplins for only £35 each!!! These are now discontinued, but if you ring their customer service number they quite often have some lying in some store.

Their part number was VS57, made by Antrim. I'm sure you could buy directly from Antrim for a good price.

Anyway, try Maplin first on 0870 429 6000 and ask if any stores has this xformer in. If they do, the procedure is that they have to get the store to send it back to the warehouse before shipping it to your address...Bit of a faff, but there you go!

Good luck,
Gaz

Hey led_zeppelin

I don't much about Birmingham but here we got things called
light meters or watt meters you know the thing in your back yard
a guy comes checks, well the ones here have NICE toroidal transformers you can use. if you want try and get hold your power company and see if they have a broken one you can have.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.