diyAudio (
-   Swap Meet (
-   -   Valve Amplifiers by Morgan Jones (

planet10 10th December 2003 03:08 AM

Valve Amplifiers by Morgan Jones

I usually don't make any mention of my eBay auctions on the Forum, but i thot this one might be of interest to anyone trying to figure out which end is up on a tube.

This is the 1st edition, i've just replaced it with the 3rd edition ($95 CAD -- ouch).

This is one of the very best volumes for learning how tube kit works. If you can't afford the latest edition this may be the book for you.

jleaman 10th December 2003 03:32 AM

Im sorry to say that im going to have to report this to a mod. This kinda activity is uncalled for. We are not ebay and nor will be : O)

wish i had money i would buy it so i can learn more about tube's and stuff..

Smile dave

EternaLightWith 10th December 2003 04:28 AM

3rd edition., argh!
I got the 2nd edition about 9 months ago. By chance, you know what is different between the two? I might just have to upgrade my books.

dhaen 11th December 2003 01:07 PM

Shocking behaviour by mods...
2 Attachment(s)
Recently got the 3rd edition:

Valve Amplifiers, 3rd Edition By Morgan Jones ISBN: 0750656948

Very good read!
Something for the Xmas list possibly?

joe.b 17th December 2003 12:52 AM

Hi Planet 10,

I just won your auction! Yea! :D

This was the very first item i ever won on ebay.

I've been looking at schematics and all over the web and reading about what other people have built. But i just can't seem to be able to pick which project to build first. Maybe the book will help me decide!

I do want to thank you for posting a message about your auction here. Otherwise i would have never known that the book existed much less up for sale.

Thank you

Da5id4Vz 17th December 2003 03:38 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Now that the serious stuff is over, I have to ask, am I on the only one who has been reminded of "Astronaut Jones" by Tracy Morgan, whenever this thread scrolls by?

Yeah, a rocket into outer space . Goodby, human race. I'll be there sooon.