Buffalo III-SE For Sale *NEW* - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th July 2013, 07:46 PM   #1
roger57 is offline roger57  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default Buffalo III-SE For Sale *NEW*

Hi,

I have a NEW Buffalo III-SE package for sale. It includes:

Trident regulators x3
TP Toslink to SPDIF adapter PCB
Professionally soldered UF.L connectors, and all header pins
Tested, 100% functional, guaranteed, NOT USED

Package was bought last month but I must sell it due to finances. I will let it go for $275.
Traceable ExpressPost Shipping will be about $25. It will be safely packed in anti-static packaging and bubble wrap.

Please respond here with any questions, or PM me.

Regards,
Gary

Last edited by roger57; 16th July 2013 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Formatting fix
Old 17th July 2013, 02:46 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Default Pictures - Buffalo II-SE DAC

I wanted to also post these pictures so that there is no issues regarding operation or condition.

What comes with sale is on the white piece of paper only, but not shown is the Toslink->SPDIF adapter. I'm still waiting for this to show up from TP audio, it should be here by early next week.

Couple of things to note: I'm including 2, Molex KK7880 contact housings and pins. These are high quality, gold plated crimp pins on both the male (board) and housing side. Can be found at Digikey.

Also note on the Trident 1.2V regulator PCB is a small finned heat sink that I have attached on one of the 3 terminal regulators. I posted a query on the TP forum inquiring about the amount of heat from that regulator:

Trident is toasty warm - Buffalo DAC - Twisted Pear Audio Support

As this was running in the 55 to 60 range, it needs better dissipation as this will begin to affect life and performance. Note that this was measured in open air and not even enclosed yet. The small heat sink I attached does a perfect job of keeping it around 45C. It has been bonded to the regulator with Arctic Silver thermal heat sink bonding compound.

First picture shows the DAC connected to the Salas shunt regulator, set at exactly 5.27V output. For the picture, I've connected another optical to SPDIF adapter with a 44.1KHz signal just to show the operation of the DAC is locked to the signal. Second picture is a closer view. Note the UF.L connectors are in place and have been tested.

Let me know if all is OK and contact me again by PM if you are good with the item description and pictures as provided here.

Thanks,
Gary
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_3158.JPG (217.0 KB, 423 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_3163.JPG (263.6 KB, 416 views)
Old 17th July 2013, 11:24 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Default SOLD!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger57 View Post
I wanted to also post these pictures so that there is no issues regarding operation or condition.

What comes with sale is on the white piece of paper only, but not shown is the Toslink->SPDIF adapter. I'm still waiting for this to show up from TP audio, it should be here by early next week.

Couple of things to note: I'm including 2, Molex KK7880 contact housings and pins. These are high quality, gold plated crimp pins on both the male (board) and housing side. Can be found at Digikey.

Also note on the Trident 1.2V regulator PCB is a small finned heat sink that I have attached on one of the 3 terminal regulators. I posted a query on the TP forum inquiring about the amount of heat from that regulator:

Trident is toasty warm - Buffalo DAC - Twisted Pear Audio Support

As this was running in the 55 to 60 range, it needs better dissipation as this will begin to affect life and performance. Note that this was measured in open air and not even enclosed yet. The small heat sink I attached does a perfect job of keeping it around 45C. It has been bonded to the regulator with Arctic Silver thermal heat sink bonding compound.

First picture shows the DAC connected to the Salas shunt regulator, set at exactly 5.27V output. For the picture, I've connected another optical to SPDIF adapter with a 44.1KHz signal just to show the operation of the DAC is locked to the signal. Second picture is a closer view. Note the UF.L connectors are in place and have been tested.

Let me know if all is OK and contact me again by PM if you are good with the item description and pictures as provided here.

Thanks,
Gary
Sold, thank you.
Old 18th July 2013, 12:21 AM   #4
palmito is offline palmito  United States
diyAudio Member

I got it and I have to say that roger57 is a great guy to deal with! Thanks for the excellent transaction.
Old 23rd July 2013, 10:23 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Default Received

Got it. It was packed better than most new stuff I buy... Thanks a lot!
Old 23rd July 2013, 12:18 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmito View Post
Got it. It was packed better than most new stuff I buy... Thanks a lot!
Frankie,

Good to hear it arrived 100% as intended. You are welcome, hoping you have a lot of great listening hours with that!

I/V stage: I built the Broskie "Unbalancer" differential voltage amplifier to unbalanced single-ended follower.
For a straight I/V stage, I guess you'd still need to follow that with a mild voltage gain amplifier. Many choices there, depending if you want sand or vacuum!

Regards,
Gary
Old 23rd July 2013, 12:59 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger57 View Post
Frankie,

Good to hear it arrived 100% as intended. You are welcome, hoping you have a lot of great listening hours with that!

I/V stage: I built the Broskie "Unbalancer" differential voltage amplifier to unbalanced single-ended follower.
For a straight I/V stage, I guess you'd still need to follow that with a mild voltage gain amplifier. Many choices there, depending if you want sand or vacuum!

Regards,
Gary
Hmmm, Gary, you would not be interested in selling your unbalancer, would you? The pcbs have been out forever at Broskie's website. Or if you want an octal aikido, I have an unassembled kit with most of the parts for trade? Let me know!
Old 23rd July 2013, 07:14 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmito View Post
Hmmm, Gary, you would not be interested in selling your unbalancer, would you? The pcbs have been out forever at Broskie's website. Or if you want an octal aikido, I have an unassembled kit with most of the parts for trade? Let me know!
Trade your Aikido? I have an Aikido octal preamp (using 6SN7's) and really like it. Not sure I could use a second one?
I probably can't sell it right now as I will be using it for another DAC project (AD1865N) that I'd like to try. This PCB is not Broskie's, I did the layout and build based on his TCJ article on it. I modeled it in LTSpice first to ensure it was good to go and did some tweaking. I ended up using 6CG7's all around as they gave nice performance.

I swapped emails a few weeks back with John and he said his new boards are "just about ready". Why not try sending him an email (editor AT tubecadjournal.com) and he's pretty good to responding.

Gary

Last edited by roger57; 23rd July 2013 at 07:20 PM. Reason: not done!
Old 23rd July 2013, 07:45 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Default Unbalancer

Thanks Gary. I'll just check his website regularly until I see them in stock.

Hide this!Advertise here!