• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Buffalo III-SE For Sale *NEW*

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I have a NEW Buffalo III-SE package for sale. It includes:

Trident regulators x3
TP Toslink to SPDIF adapter PCB
Professionally soldered UF.L connectors, and all header pins
Tested, 100% functional, guaranteed, NOT USED

Package was bought last month but I must sell it due to finances. I will let it go for $275.
Traceable ExpressPost Shipping will be about $25. It will be safely packed in anti-static packaging and bubble wrap.

Please respond here with any questions, or PM me.

Regards,
Gary

Last edited:
Pictures - Buffalo II-SE DAC

I wanted to also post these pictures so that there is no issues regarding operation or condition.

What comes with sale is on the white piece of paper only, but not shown is the Toslink->SPDIF adapter. I'm still waiting for this to show up from TP audio, it should be here by early next week.

Couple of things to note: I'm including 2, Molex KK7880 contact housings and pins. These are high quality, gold plated crimp pins on both the male (board) and housing side. Can be found at Digikey.

Also note on the Trident 1.2V regulator PCB is a small finned heat sink that I have attached on one of the 3 terminal regulators. I posted a query on the TP forum inquiring about the amount of heat from that regulator:

Trident is toasty warm - Buffalo DAC - Twisted Pear Audio Support

As this was running in the 55 to 60 range, it needs better dissipation as this will begin to affect life and performance. Note that this was measured in open air and not even enclosed yet. The small heat sink I attached does a perfect job of keeping it around 45C. It has been bonded to the regulator with Arctic Silver thermal heat sink bonding compound.

First picture shows the DAC connected to the Salas shunt regulator, set at exactly 5.27V output. For the picture, I've connected another optical to SPDIF adapter with a 44.1KHz signal just to show the operation of the DAC is locked to the signal. Second picture is a closer view. Note the UF.L connectors are in place and have been tested.

Let me know if all is OK and contact me again by PM if you are good with the item description and pictures as provided here.

Thanks,
Gary

Attachments

• DSC_3158.JPG
    DSC_3158.JPG
    217 KB · Views: 465
  • DSC_3163.JPG
    DSC_3163.JPG
    263.6 KB · Views: 448
SOLD!!

I wanted to also post these pictures so that there is no issues regarding operation or condition.

What comes with sale is on the white piece of paper only, but not shown is the Toslink->SPDIF adapter. I'm still waiting for this to show up from TP audio, it should be here by early next week.

Couple of things to note: I'm including 2, Molex KK7880 contact housings and pins. These are high quality, gold plated crimp pins on both the male (board) and housing side. Can be found at Digikey.

Also note on the Trident 1.2V regulator PCB is a small finned heat sink that I have attached on one of the 3 terminal regulators. I posted a query on the TP forum inquiring about the amount of heat from that regulator:

Trident is toasty warm - Buffalo DAC - Twisted Pear Audio Support

As this was running in the 55 to 60 range, it needs better dissipation as this will begin to affect life and performance. Note that this was measured in open air and not even enclosed yet. The small heat sink I attached does a perfect job of keeping it around 45C. It has been bonded to the regulator with Arctic Silver thermal heat sink bonding compound.

First picture shows the DAC connected to the Salas shunt regulator, set at exactly 5.27V output. For the picture, I've connected another optical to SPDIF adapter with a 44.1KHz signal just to show the operation of the DAC is locked to the signal. Second picture is a closer view. Note the UF.L connectors are in place and have been tested.

Let me know if all is OK and contact me again by PM if you are good with the item description and pictures as provided here.

Thanks,
Gary

Sold, thank you.

Got it. It was packed better than most new stuff I buy... Thanks a lot!

Frankie,

Good to hear it arrived 100% as intended. You are welcome, hoping you have a lot of great listening hours with that!

I/V stage: I built the Broskie "Unbalancer" differential voltage amplifier to unbalanced single-ended follower.
For a straight I/V stage, I guess you'd still need to follow that with a mild voltage gain amplifier. Many choices there, depending if you want sand or vacuum!

Regards,
Gary

Frankie,

Good to hear it arrived 100% as intended. You are welcome, hoping you have a lot of great listening hours with that!

I/V stage: I built the Broskie "Unbalancer" differential voltage amplifier to unbalanced single-ended follower.
For a straight I/V stage, I guess you'd still need to follow that with a mild voltage gain amplifier. Many choices there, depending if you want sand or vacuum!

Regards,
Gary
Hmmm, Gary, you would not be interested in selling your unbalancer, would you? The pcbs have been out forever at Broskie's website. Or if you want an octal aikido, I have an unassembled kit with most of the parts for trade? Let me know!

Hmmm, Gary, you would not be interested in selling your unbalancer, would you? The pcbs have been out forever at Broskie's website. Or if you want an octal aikido, I have an unassembled kit with most of the parts for trade? Let me know!

Trade your Aikido? I have an Aikido octal preamp (using 6SN7's) and really like it. Not sure I could use a second one?
I probably can't sell it right now as I will be using it for another DAC project (AD1865N) that I'd like to try. This PCB is not Broskie's, I did the layout and build based on his TCJ article on it. I modeled it in LTSpice first to ensure it was good to go and did some tweaking. I ended up using 6CG7's all around as they gave nice performance.

I swapped emails a few weeks back with John and he said his new boards are "just about ready". Why not try sending him an email (editor AT tubecadjournal.com) and he's pretty good to responding.

Gary

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.