• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: N*IB Fostex FE167e

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
New* in the box Fostex FE167e. New* means that they have had the dust cap removed and replaced with a Planet 10 phase plug and two coats of 50/50 puzzle coat on the cones and whizzer. Phase plug has PVA nipple on the end. I never got around to finishing with EnABL or gloss coat. Hooked up only to verify operation, so not even broken in. Just been sitting in the box, I got bit by the OB thing and going a different direction. I have $200 invested, asking $150. For anyone that wants to stop by and pick them up, I have a pair of the recommended BR cabinets/stands that I will give away for free, if full asking price is met. I do get to Chicago several times a year (going in the next week or so), so I would consider bringing them with me.

I have had several questions about the drivers and cabinets. Cabinets were built with plans from someone here. Top portion of stand is the box port pipe, bottom section is filled with sand with cap. The stuffing has been removed to show back internal wall of box has Deflex sheet. Gold binding posts. Wired with single strand CAT5. Felt box edge trim.I have been asked if I could ship, disassembled? I do have a flush cut saw, and I would have to separate the base/post/box and remove sand. I would take $100.00 for the cabinets plus whatever they cost to ship (half of that price is the Deflex sheets). If you don't want the Deflex sheets, $50.00. Still free w/ purchase of drivers and local pick-up (Caledonia, MI).

Attachments

• FostexBR.jpg
    FostexBR.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 413
  • DSCF0178.jpg
    DSCF0178.jpg
    592.3 KB · Views: 406
  • DSCF0179.jpg
    DSCF0179.jpg
    632.6 KB · Views: 397
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.